Britney Spears was a world pop star and a pop culture icon. In the last few months, there has been a lot of talk about the court battle that the artist decided to take to lift her father Jamie Spears’ tutelage. The star argued this with the fact that each day under his care is for her “an extension of the trauma”. In mid-August, there was a breakthrough in the case – the singer’s father officially announced that, for the sake of his daughter, he decided to resign from further guardianship.
My father’s tutelage over Britney Spears lasted 13 years. In numerous testimonies, the star repeatedly stated that the conditions of incapacitation were shocking, and for all these years they were a constant source of suffering for herself. There were allegations of intoxication with drugs, forcing to work beyond strength and obstructing access to medical care, incl. to the gynecologist. One of the arguments that Britney emphasized from the outset in her testimony was also the mismanagement of her father’s property.
Many famous people from the world of business and journalism have already spoken on this matter. Recently, Torbjörn Ek, a Swedish journalist who had the opportunity to interview Britney Spears in 2011, has joined this group. The man decided to publish a list of 16 questions that the artist’s staff did not allow him to ask. The conversation with the artist was planned to last a quarter of an hour. However, the interview ended after eight minutes – after the question was asked: “did she ever feel overly protected by the people around her?”.
Below we publish a full list of questions that could not have been asked during the interview in 2011. These questions found their way into the Polish public space, among others thanks to the Instagram post on @britneyspearspl’s account.
16 questions a journalist could not ask Britney Spears
- “Last time you brought your children with you, will your family also join you this time? Is it important / unimportant to you?”
- “Have you worked with a lot of Swedish songwriters in the past, did you schedule any meetings with them during your visit to Stockholm?”
- “Which Swedish songwriter did you have the most fun with and why?”
- “What was your first reaction when you saw Chris Crocker’s famous video Leave Britney Alone?”
- “Did you imagine that your fans’ support would be so much? How do you feel about it?”
- “When was the last time you felt really anonymous?”
- “What do you think of the younger Disney stars that came after you, such as Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez? Have you ever worried that they might take your place?”
- “Your breakthrough came with Swedish creators such as Max Martin, Andreas Carlsson etc. Now Lady Gaga is also having her big breakthrough with Swedish music producer RedOne. Why do you think that is so? What makes the combination of artists and Swedish producers really it works?”
- “Have you been in touch with RedOne? Would you like to collaborate with him? What would a Britney Spears and RedOne song sound like?”
- “You shaved your head a few years ago. When you try to remember that moment when you decided to get rid of your long hair … What prompted you to do that? Do you understand that decision today?”
- “You’ve been the target of so many rumors, magazines love to publish your photos and criticize you from every angle: how you look, how you act, what you say, what you don’t say – and yet you seem to be stronger after every story you go through. How? do you think why is this so? “
- “It seems your sister Jamie Lynn has an interest in astrology. And you? What are the stars telling you?”
- “How are you preparing for the tour?”
- “Do you have any things that you always put in your purse or backpack before you leave the house?”
- (Regarding receiving the MTV Vanguard Award before 30) “Besides the obvious feeling of pride in it, did it make you feel old?”
- “What do you expect the future to bring you?”
Britney’s path to fame wasn’t all roses at all
Britney Spears signed her first music contract when she was just 15 years old. The whole world watched her grow up and judged her already as a girl.
“Britney’s path to fame was not all roses. Even when she received awards and achieved successive successes – we did not peek at the life of a spoiled celebrity or envy her wealth. We did not admire the vocals, dancing or other talents that we associate with the slogan on a daily basis. Britney Spears. Instead, we got a lecture about the media, journalists, the music industry, pop culture, her family, lawyers, and … about ourselves. Each of us contributed to the way she was treated for many years, wrote Bartosz Sąder from Onet Kultura in his commentary.
Britney Spears and her shocking confession
Britney Spears was placed under probation in 2008, when a court ruled that the singer was unable to manage her assets and make responsible decisions related to business or personal matters. The artist’s father has been the main caretaker of the star ever since.
This year, the 39-year-old star has once again asked the Los Angeles court to end her guardianship. Spears spoke continuously for 24 minutes. She testified that she was abused by the family who did nothing to help her. She also talked about “abuses”.
“(Father) loves the control he was given to hurt his own daughter. I worked seven days a week, it was like sex trafficking. I had no credit card, no cash, no passport (…). All I want today is get my money and that it would end once and for all, said Britney Spears.
The singer also confessed that she lied all the time, telling everyone that she was happy. She suffered every day. Britney Spears has asked the court to restore her freedom so that she can marry and have another child. He wants to start a family with his partner, Sam Asghari. She admitted that she was forced to use contraceptives, therapies, and medications, including lithium, against her will.