Today is pure love.
It’s the 221st day of the year and we’re celebrating Saint-Amour. Saint Amour was a revered martyr in the village of the same name in Jura, Franche-Comté. Warm weather is back in the south of the country this Wednesday.
What to say about today?
,It is harmful to sleep in the meadow or in the sun in August.,
What happened on 9th August?
- 1803: Robert Fulton steers the first steamboat on the Seine
- 1896: Birth of psychologist Jean Piaget (died September 16, 1980)
- 1919: First appearance of the character Zorro in Californian Pulp magazine, under the title “capistrano crisisBorn from the pen of Johnston McCulley
- (1945: The second American atomic bomb was dropped on Nagasaki.
- 1969: Actress Sharon Tate is murdered at her California villa.
- 1975: Soviet composer Dmitri Shostakovich passed away
- 1982: Attack on Rue des Rosiers in Paris. six dead, 22 injured
- 1983: French Operation Manta begins in Chad to counter Libyan-backed rebel offensive
- 1993: Prince Albert of Liège, named in succession to his brother Baudouin I, becomes King of Belgium.
- 1999: Russian President Boris Yeltsin appointed Vladimir Putin as Prime Minister.
- 2007: Beginning of the subprime crisis in the United States, which would result in the global financial crisis
- 2012: Usain Bolt of Jamaica became the first sprinter in history to achieve the 100m and 200m double in two consecutive Olympic Games.
- 2014: Ice cream maker Raymond Berthillon, founder of the famous house of the same name on Ile Saint-Louis in Paris, dies
Who was born on 9th August?
- Italian politician Romano Prodi (born 1939)
- Actress Bulle Ogier (born 1939)
- Jean Tirole, Nobel Prize winner in economics, was born in 1953.
- actress Audrey Tautou (born 1976)