Anne Hathaway – acting biography
Hathaway, born November 12, 1982 in New York, is of French-Irish-German-Indian origin. She studied acting at the Paper Mill Playhouse in New Jersey and belonged to the prestigious Barrow Group Theater Company in New York.
Anne Hathaway – film debut
She started her film career in 1999 with the role in the television series “Luzik Guzik”. She was nominated for a Teen Choice Award for her role. She made her silver screen debut in 2001 in the family comedy “The Princess Diaries,” and was nominated for an MTV Movie Award for her performance, and “People” named Hathaway a rising star.
Anne Hathaway – Best roles – “The Devil Wears Prada”
In 2004, he plays in the fantasy comedy “Ella Enchanted”, and the following year in “Desolation”. Also in 2005, she plays the interesting role of a gay wife in the Oscar-winning film “The Mystery of Brokeback Mountain,” starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger.
Hathaway’s performance in the 2006 movie “The Devil Wears Prada,” opposite Meryl Streep, was significant. She has the role of an aspiring journalist Andrea, groundbreaking and most famous. The film’s success made Hathaway’s name and face famous all over the world.
The following year, she played the lead role in Jane Austen in Love, in which she portrays the English writer Jane Austen.
The breakthrough year for the actress was 2009, when for her role in the drama “Rachel gets married” she was nominated for important film awards: Oscar, Golden Globe, Independent Spirit Awards, Satellite, Film Actors Guild Awards. That same year, he stars in the comedy “Wedding Wars,” opposite Kate Hudson.
In 2010, Hathaway stars in the films “Valentine’s Day”, “Alice in Wonderland”, “Love and other drugs”. For the latter film, she was nominated for a Golden Globe and received the Satellite Award.
In 2011, the actress played Catwoman in the sequel to “Batman”. A year later, she plays Fantyna of the “Les Miserables” musical and receives an Oscar in the Best Supporting Actress category.
In the following years, he plays, among others, in: “The Dark Knight Rises” (2012), “Don Jon” (2013), “Rio 2” (2014, voices), “Apprentice” (2015), “Alice Through the Mirror (2016),” Ocean’s Eight “,” Serenity “(2019).
Anne Hathaway – interesting facts
- Her father was a lawyer, mother – Kate McCauley – an actress. It was she who inspired Anne to choose her life path.
- Because she is gifted vocally, she has performed as a soprano singer in the All Eastern US High School Honors Choir at the Canergie Hall.
- She has the same name as William Shakespeare’s wife.
- In 2009, she was ranked 2nd in the ranking of the 50 Best Dressed Women of 2009 by the Glamor magazine.
- In 2010, Hathaway and Denzel Washington conducted the annual concert for the Nobel Peace Laureate.
- In 2011, the actress, along with James Franco, hosted the 83rd Academy Awards.
- She appeared in commercials, among others Better Homes and Gardens real estate agency, Magnifique perfume by Lancôme.
- She has appeared in the following music videos: “Supergirl” by Krystal Harris, “Just One Of The Guys” by Jenny Lewis.
- She was offered the role of Alison Scott in The Crash, but quit because she didn’t like the script.
- Originally, she was supposed to play the role of Hilary Faye in the comedy “All Saints!”, But had to quit because she was busy working on the set of “Ella the cursed”.
- She won the casting for the role of Christine in the musical “The Phantom of the Opera”, but had to withdraw from the project because the shooting coincided with the shooting of “The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement”.
- She was a candidate for the role of Lisbeth Salander in the movie “The Girl with the Tattoo”, which, however, went to Rooney Mara.
- She turned down the role of Yvaine in Stardust.
- She turned down the lead role in “A Guide to Positive Thinking” due to her busy schedule.
- She was a candidate for the role of Daisy Buchanan in “The Great Gatsby.” Carey Mulligan was selected.
- She turned down the title role in Alice in Wonderland because it was too similar to her previous roles in other films. However, she wanted to work with director Tim Burton, so she ended up playing the White Queen.
- While preparing for the role of Mia Thermopolis in the movie “The Princess Diary”, she learned rock climbing.
- For the role of Jane Austen in Jane in Love, she learned to play the piano and learned dialect.
- For the role of Selina in the movie “The Dark Knight Rises”, she trained intensively, learned stunt and dance.
- For the role of Fantyna in the movie “Les Misérables”, she lost 10 kg.
Anne Hathaway – private life
In 2004, Hathaway began a relationship with an Italian developer who was arrested in 2008 and then sentenced to four and a half years in prison for fraud. Hathaway has not been charged.
In 2012, the actress married actor and businessman Adam Shulman. In 2016, she gave birth to a son, Jonathan Shulman. In July 2019, Hathaway announced that she was expecting a second child.
In 2007, Hathaway shared about her depression when she was a teenager, but managed to overcome it without medication.