People who submit their Annual statement before the Tax Administration Service (SAT) can check if they have positive balance and ask for the return.
With information from article 2 of the Federal Taxpayer Rights Law the refund of balance in favor “occurs when when calculating your taxes, it turns out that you paid more than you owed, so you can request before the SAT that the amount be returned to you.”
For its part, the annual declaration consists of a official document through which individuals or legal entities make the report of all the operations they did during the previous year: record the income received, the deductions, present at zero, the calculation of the tax per year and request a refund in favor.
The SAT highlighted the dates to make the annual declaration, after the taxpayers comply, it can be seen if there is a balance in favor. In the case of legal persons who are Business must comply with and estimate the Income Tax (ISR) before Thursday March 31, 2022; the deadline for Physical persons it’s on Saturday April 30th.
Those who make the declaration have the right to obtain a refund of the credit balance only if it turns out that they paid more than they owed. It can be requested even up to five years after the date on which the declaration was filed and the term in which the SAT will answer you will be maximum 40 days, the process is free.
How to check if I have a credit balance in the SAT?
* You must enter the SAT portal in the link https://www.consulta.sat.gob.mx/_mem_bin/FormsLogin.asp?/DevMan/.
* You have to enter your Federal taxpayer registration (RFC) and password.
* Then, fill in all the data requested by the system, in the same place it will give you information about your tax return.
* Enter the scanned documents of the procedure.
* Then download and save the electronic acknowledgment of receipt of the return request.
* Finally, you have to sign and send the procedure with the electronic signature.
* Through the section Check your automatic return You can track the process.
What can be done if they do not authorize the return?
* If they do not authorize it or it was only part of what they owed, taxpayers can file a supplementary statement with all inconsistencies corrected.
* Then, request the return through the Electronic Form of Returns.
* The tax authority announced that the declarations with balance in favor that are authorized are subject to the inconsistencies of the bank CLABE, the ex officio compensationwhich is a figure used by the SAT to recover firm credits pending coverage by the taxpayer.
What are the requirements to process the automatic return?
* The automatic return is made at the time of making the annual declaration online with the password and portable e.signatureif the credit balance is less than or equal to 10 thousand pesos can be done with the password.
* When it is greater than 10 thousand pesos and up to 50 thousand pesos You can also submit the tax return with the password, but you must also add a CLABE account with its 18 digits in DeclaresSat.