Sleep is a vital physiological need, and not getting enough rest can harm our bodies and emotions. The body speaks, and waking up tired and sleepy is truly a cry for help.
But, that The proportion of Spaniards who suffer from poor sleep quality is 58%, has exceeded those with good sleep quality (42%). A survey conducted by Ipsos for the Spanish Sleep Society showed that of those who did sleep, 13% said they did not wake up well-rested.
Therefore, in addition to consulting experts, we need to do our best instead of entrusting the entire solution to others. drug.Relaxation techniques are techniques that help you reduce stress and tension, calm your nervous system and getting ready for bed. They can also improve mood, lower blood pressure, and strengthen the immune system.we tell you Two of the most effective techniquesdepending on whether your problem is falling asleep or more related to waking up in the middle of the night.
Body scanner: The best way to fall asleep
Progressive muscle relaxation or body scan including tension and Relax different muscle groups in sequence, thereby releasing physical tension and mental pressure. In some methods, such as those used by the U.S. military, body walking begins at the head. But most experts recommend doing it through the feet so that by the time we reach the head, we are already in a relaxed state.
- Lie on your back in a comfortable position and close your eyes.
- Starting with your feet and toes, hold them as tight as possible for five seconds.
- Relax completely and notice the difference.
- Move up your calves, thighs, hips, abdomen, chest, arms, hands, neck, face, and head, tensing and relaxing each muscle group in the same way. On the face, pay special attention to the eyes, squeezing them and then relaxing them. Do something similar with your eyebrows, lifting them and releasing them.
- when your head is done take a deep breath several times and Enjoy the feeling of relaxation.
If you wake up in the middle of the night…try not to go back to sleep
No, that’s not a spelling mistake, it’s psychologically known as contradictory intentions.Is a treatment strategies This includes telling the patient what to continue doing or thinking produce discomfort, rather than fighting it or running away from it.For example, for someone like this they can’t sleep, they are advised to do just that: no sleep.That’s it, put all your energy into it avoid falling asleeppatients can achieve the opposite effect.
Sitting in bed without any devices or bright lights on, andStart thinking about things you could do if you got out of bed Imagine yourself doing a physical activity or other physically demanding task, and Repeat in your mind that you should not fall asleep. People who have put it into practice say it works because sometimes it’s better to use our heads and use our left hand than to walk forward.
Of course, you must always respect sleep hygiene it is known:
– lights out: To boost production of melatonin, the sleep hormone, use blackout blinds or curtains, or an eye mask. Avoid using electronic devices that emit light in the bedroom, and if possible, do not use them within a few hours of bedtime.
– It will be dinner soon: Ideally, allow at least two hours between the end of dinner and bed.
– The temperature is close to 18 degrees: According to the Sleep Foundation, the ideal bedroom temperature is about 18.3 degrees Celsius, and most doctors recommend setting your thermostat between 15.6 and 19.4 degrees Celsius for optimal sleep. What is clear is that a reasonably cool environment induces deep sleep, while an environment that is too hot wakes us up.