The Suzuki Polish Cup in men’s basketball will be held on February 17-20 in Lublin. Eight teams will take part in it. What if COVID-19 appears in one of them? We know the answer.
Press materials / Andrzej Romański / Energa Basket Liga / In the photo: Milicić and Piesiewicz
It is supposed to be a basketball festival in Poland. Eight teams will compete for the Suzuki Polish Cup in mid-February. However, there is more and more concern about the organization of the tournament. All because of COVID-19.
In the current round of the Energa Basket League, 4 out of 8 matches have been canceled due to the coronavirus. It wasn’t that bad yet. What if the problem affects the teams concerned just before the tournament in Lublin?
– We will react on a regular basis. I hope that our teams will get up now and return to normal play – admits the president of PLK SA and PZKosz Radosław Piesiewicz.
SEE VIDEO: The 17-year-old lost his hand. What he did shocked the whole world
He admitted that more than 90 percent of players from EBL clubs are vaccinated, but unfortunately the virus continues to infect. What if a team is unable to reach the Suzuki Polish Cup due to health reasons?
– If it turns out that one of the teams will not be able to take part in the tournament, the next one in the classification will come in their place. We will be testing the teams two days before arrival and on the day of arrival – admitted Piesiewicz.
We would like to remind you that the seven best teams were promoted to the tournament after the first round of the Energa Basket League (i.e. after playing the full 15 rounds). The host, in turn, was provided with a place. And this is how: Anwil Włocławek, Twarde Pierniki Toruń, Grupa Sierleccy Czarni Słupsk, King Szczecin, Arged BM Stal Ostrów Wielkopolski, WKS Śląsk Wrocław, Enea Zastal BC Zielona Góra (defender of the title) and Polski Cukier Pszczółka Start Lublin (host) will compete for the trophy. .
Right at the finish, Legia Warszawa and Enea Abramczyk Astoria Bydgoszcz lost the right to play in the Suzuki Polish Cup. Piesiewicz openly admitted that they were asking how things are. He also added that there are no restrictions – each team can be replaced by another. There is no shortage of people willing to play.
– I haven’t heard about any team refusing to play. Until the last round, they fought for a place in the tournament. A lot has changed in the last four years. They are fighting to compete in the already prestigious Suzuki Polish Cup, because the prize is high – he said. Let us add that the winner will win 150 thousand. zloty.
– I really cannot imagine that a team would not want to come to the Suzuki Polish Cup. On the contrary. The teams that are just behind the eight are calling and asking how it is – he added.
Piesiewicz also hopes that this time the tournament will be held with the participation of the audience, but the sale of tickets has not yet started. Why? – We will keep an eye on what is happening in the country. We have not implemented ticket sales yet, it is related to how the situation will develop – he concluded.
Enea Zastal BC #plkpl
– Krzysiek Kaczmarczyk (@k_kaczmarczyk_) January 13, 2022
“Nemanja fell from Mars.” Enea Zastal BC is back in the game and … there will be a break
Warriors Would Beat The Bulls Jordan? Stephen Curry has no doubts
Subscribe to our special coronavirus newsletter
report an errorWP SportoweFakty
Coronavirus Suzuki Polish Cup Suzuki Polish Women’s Cup Basketball Radosław Piesiewicz