There are more and more openly green stars, ready to do something for the environment and help everyone with objects specially designed to be ecological. The new, very trendy philosophy is called compostyle and promotes biodegradable, recyclable and reusable products. Products that, in short, do not pollute.
Among the most active celebrities in this sector we find the football star Tom Brady with its line of biodegradable eyewear, Jessica Alba which for some time has signed a collection of sustainable cosmetics, e Jason Momoa and his shoes that biodegrade quickly.
But there are many others and there are many biodegradable or bio-compostable objects protagonists of the Compostyle trend. Let’s see what they are.
- Paper batteries. A discovery to reduce waste.
- Edible glitter and green cosmetics. Few people know it, but glitter pollutes a lot. Used mainly in cosmetics, they are made with aluminum fragments, titanium dioxide and other materials. The University of Cambridge has created cellulose glitters made from waste elements, such as banana peels and coffee bean shells. This is why they are not only green but also edible. In the cosmetics sector, in addition to glitter, compostable packaging and biodegradable formulations are also important, including the singer’s beauty proposals Harry Styles.
- Green inks. Black and colored ink improves and is no longer toxic.
- Biodegradable underwear. It is made of cotton and can be reused in agriculture.
- Metal-free leather. This can be recycled.
- Biodegradable everyday objects, from the phone cover to the toothbrush.
- Edible packaging. Food packaging becomes green and natural, and you can even eat it.
- Human compost. The land can be cultivated from the remains of deceased people, but not those intended for agriculture.
- Biodegradable accessories. The aforementioned Tom Brady sunglasses and Jason Momoa shoes.
- Products for children. Diapers become biodegradable when made of algae and paper.