Manchester United is currently in the 7th place in the table. This position does not satisfy Cristiano Ronaldo, who is disappointed with the current standards at Old Trafford. The Portuguese in a strong interview with Sky Sports revealed that he has returned to England to fight for the highest goals.
So far, Manchester United have had a very disappointing campaign. As a consequence, the club’s management decided to part with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and replace him with Ralf Rangnick’s temporary manager. The German coach is trying to stabilize the situation in the team. Under his leadership, the Red Devils had four wins out of seven and conceded only three goals.
Without a doubt, the worst game under the watchful eye of the new coach was the home defeat against Wolverhampton (0: 1). Luke Shaw said in a post-match interview that the team is not sticking together.
Now Cristiano Ronaldo has vented his frustration, who in an interview with Sky Sports said that the current position in the league and the loss of 22 points to the leader of the table is a result well below the expectations of the twenty-time champion of England. The Portuguese, when asked if Manchester United can count on reducing losses to the top four without the right mentality, replied: – It is impossible. I think that’s the main aspect.
– I do not agree that our mentality oscillates around lower than the top three in the Premier League. However, I think that to build good things sometimes you have to destroy a few. So why not – a new year, a new life and I hope Manchester United can be at the level that the fans expect. They deserve it.
– We are able to change something. I even know how, but I will not talk about it because it would not be ethical on my part. All I can say is that we can do better – all of us. Manchester United is about the most important things, so we need to change that.
– I didn’t come here to compete for fifth, sixth or seventh place. I am here to win and compete for the highest goals.
– It seems to me that we are competing in a way, but we are not at our best level yet. We have a long way to go to improve, and I believe that if we change attitudes, we can achieve great things.
Ralf Rangnick improved the results of Manchester United, but the performances of his players met with a large wave of criticism. The “Red Devils” very often have problems with taking control during meetings. Cristiano Ronaldo, however, in an interview with Sky Sports, sided with his manager, calling for the doubters to give him time to implement their ideas.
– He arrived five weeks ago and has already changed a lot of things. I need time to present my ideas to the players. It takes time but I believe it will do a good job.
– We realize that we are not playing the best football, but there are many games ahead of us to make progress.
There was also a thread devoted to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, former Old Trafford club coach. Cristiano Ronaldo was asked how he felt about the departure of his team-mate and recently a manager. The Portuguese revealed a secret about the last few months and did not hide that he had to endure the Norwegian’s dismissal very hard.
– It is always sad and difficult. Ole had played with me before and now he was a coach. He is a fantastic man. Everyone was sad when he left, but that’s an inherent part of football.
– When things don’t go the way the club wants it, this club has to make a difference. I was disappointed, but we need to understand that. It was not easy, but life goes on.
– I look forward to the future. We have to work hard and stick together. We know we’re not at the best of times, but I believe that thanks to hard work, we can achieve something important, even this year, ‘the 36-year-old concluded.