What to give for a carnival takeover? Learn the recipes of the winner of the 2nd edition of MasterChef and surprise your friends. See how to prepare ceviche with tiger milk and sweet potato, cheese arancini with lemon aioli, tart with colorful cherry tomatoes, fried dumplings stuffed with potatoes and nuts with honey and chili.
Ceviche with tiger milk and sweet potato – a step-by-step recipe
- 400 g sea bass fillet
- 200 g of sweet potato
- approx. 130 g of citrus juice (e.g. 100 g of lime juice and 50 g of yuzu or lemon juice)
- ½ red onion
- 1-2 chili peppers
- Fresh Coriander
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt pepper
How to prepare a ceviche?
- 1Peel the sweet potato, cut into small cubes, put on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, sprinkle with olive oil, season with salt, put in a preheated oven to 170 degrees C for 12 minutes. Cool.
- 2Dice the cleaned fish, put them in a bowl, pour over the citrus juice, add red onion, chopped chili and coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Marinate for about 7 minutes. Serve.
Recipes by Grzegorz Zawierucha
Cheese arancini with lemon aioli – a step by step recipe
Ingredients for cheese arancini:
- 300 g of arborio rice
- 100 g of white wine
- approx. 600 ml of vegetable stock or water
- 30 g of Parmesan cheese
- 50 g of cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 40 g of cold butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- for breading and frying: broken eggs, breadcrumbs + panko for breading, vegetable oil
Ingredients for lemon aioli with roasted garlic:
- 1 yolk
- 1.5 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small head of garlic
- lemon zest and juice
- approx. 120 – 150 ml of extra virgin olive oil (mild)
- salt pepper
How to prepare cheese arancini with lemon aioli?
- 1Cut the top of the garlic head with salt, sprinkle with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake in an oven preheated to 190 degrees C for about 60 minutes. Cool the garlic, squeeze it into a bowl, add the mustard, egg yolk, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir everything, pour the oil in a narrow stream until you get a smooth mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Put it back in the fridge.
- 2Heat the oil in a pot, sauté the shallots, add the garlic, add the rice. Pour it all over with white wine, evaporate, pour in the vegetable stock and simmer until the rice absorbs all the liquid. Finally, season with salt and pepper, add Parmesan, add butter and mix. Put the rice into a flat dish (e.g. ovenproof dish), chill in the refrigerator (preferably overnight, minimum 2-3 hours). Form small pancakes, add a little cheddar inside and form small balls. Dip the formed balls in the eggs and then coat in breadcrumbs. Deep-fry until golden brown. Serve with aioli.
Tart with colorful cherry tomatoes, ‘Ndają and pangarattato – a step-by-step recipe
Ingredients for the fragile bottom:
- 250 g of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 150 g of cold butter
- 1 egg
- possibly 1 tablespoon of cold water / milk
- 250 g of ricotta
- 1 egg
- lemon peel
- about 200 g of colorful cherry tomatoes
- 50 g of spicy sausage (‘Nduja), the vegetarian version can be omitted
- 30 g Parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- sea salt, freshly ground pepper
Ingredients for pangrattato:
- approx. 60 g of stale roll or bread
- 1 clove of garlic
- peel grated from 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
How to prepare a tart with colorful cherry tomatoes?
- Quickly knead the dough using the given ingredients, wrap it with cling film and put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Then heat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Roll out the grated dough, put it in a mold, prick it. Press the sides and bottom of the tart with aluminum foil, load with dry peas, put in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove the brittle bottom from the oven and let it cool down.
- Grate Ricotta with egg, lemon zest, season with salt and pepper. Spread over the baked bottom, spread the tomatoes, pieces of sausage, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake the whole for about 20 minutes at 180 degrees C. In the meantime, prepare the pangrattato. Crush the stale roll or bread in a food processor. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add chopped garlic and chili flakes. Fry until golden brown.
- Remove the pangrattato from the pan and put it into a bowl. Add lemon zest, chopped parsley leaves, lightly season with salt and mix. Sprinkle the ready tart with bread crumbs. Serve cold or warm.
Fried dumplings stuffed with baked potatoes, ricotta and chorizo - a step-by-step recipe
Ingredients for stuffing for dumplings:
- 200 g of potatoes
- 40 g spicy chorizo (Coarse grind)
- 50 g of soft ricotta
- 1 chilli pepper, finely chopped
- freshly ground pepper, salt, nutmeg to taste
- 30 g grated cheese (e.g. gruyere, parmesan, cheddar)
- salt, pepper, cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 frying oil
- for serving: crème fraîche or sour cream and chopped chives
Ingredients for the dumplings cake:
- 200 g of wheat flour
- 100 g of corn flour
- approx. 190 ml of lukewarm water
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
How to prepare fried dumplings stuffed with potatoes?
- Peel the potatoes, dice them, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake in 200 degrees Celsius (about 20 minutes). Let the potatoes cool down, mash them with a fork, mix with the ground (or finely chopped) chorizo, ricotta, chili and grated cheese. Season with nutmeg and mix.
- From the dough ingredients, knead a smooth and elastic dough like for dumplings. Hide under a bowl to prevent it from drying out. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 3-4 mm, cut out the round circles with stuffing. Heat the oil in a pot, carefully add 3-4 dumplings and fry for a few minutes until golden brown.
Nuts with honey and chili – a step-by-step recipe
Ingredients for nuts with honey and chili:
- 400 g nuts (almonds (whole), hazelnuts, macadamia, pecans)
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt in flakes
- 2 tablespoons of cane sugar
How to prepare nuts with honey and chili?
- Pour the honey into the pan, melt it on medium power, add the nuts, stir until the honey completely covers the nuts (if necessary, add more honey). Put everything on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for about 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 175 degrees C.
- Remove the hot nuts from the oven, cool for 5 minutes, and then sprinkle with a mixture of cayenne pepper, salt and sugar. The snack is ready.
Main photo source: Joanna Kruczek / Good Morning TVN