Maria Callasthe most famous soprano in the world, will soon have the face of Angelina Jolie. The news of the biopic about the singer was made official, in fact, just a few days ago and we can’t wait to see this biography on the big screen. The director Pablo Larraín, who had already made Jackie with Natalie Portman, he decided to tell Callas’ life today. An intertwining of names that returns to meet: she and the former First Lady, in fact, had a great love in common, the billionaire Aristotle Onassis.
His unmistakable voice and his not simple life will be the protagonists of the new film that, we are sure, will thrill us. And, to complement this story, there will also be the wardrobe of the soprano who, with her art and her grace, has conquered the world.
Born in New York in 1923 and disappeared in 1977 in a Paris hotel, she also quickly became a style icon. Did you know that in 1958 she won the award Golden dress and was nominated as the most elegant lady in Milan?
And, if for every muse of the past there is a contemporary altar, this can only be on the social network, which has made its fortune on the images: Instagram. The account dedicated to her is called @mariacallas_official_br and is followed by over 33.9 thousand fans, a tangible sign that her charm has remained indelible over the years.
This content can also be viewed on the site it originates from.
But where does it come from style of Maria Callas? From his passion for fashion that he always accompanied to that for singing. “With the help of the Milanese dressmaker Biki and, later, of great couturiers such as Dior and Saint Laurent, she became a true icon in those years” says Massimiliano Capella in his book Iconic Callas published by Centauria.
Here we have tried to retrace, through some garments and accessories of theAutumn-winter 2022/23the essentials of the wardrobe of Maria Callas. Pearls, jewels, furs (we chose them eco-friendly), flared skirts, gloves and evening dresses: for real diva looks.
Other stories of Vanity Fair that may interest you:
– Dressing like an icon: the elegance of Carolyn Bessette Kennedy
– Dressing Like an Icon: Jessica Fletcher (aka Angela Lansbury)?
– Dressing like an icon: Miuccia Prada
– Sleeveless coat: the best vest models to wear now
– Leather trench coat (also eco): the best models to buy
– Diamond sweater: 15 preppy designs to buy now
– Loose jeans: the best oversized models to buy now
– Bomber jacket, the best models to buy for the return to the city
– Wooden clogs: the best clogs models to buy
– Oversized blazer: 15 models that we will wear instead of the coat
– Leather trench coat (also eco): the best models for autumn
– All the trends of Autumn-Winter 2022/23