New players can get acquainted with a point-and-click cyberpunk adventure game. Today, Encodya hit Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo hardware and the story should be of particular interest to fans of the genre. Check out the launch trailer.
Encodya hit personal computers a few months ago, but from today you will also get to know the point-and-click adventure on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. The title is also available on PS5 and XSX | S due to backward compatibility.
In this case, the developers decided to expand the concept of the animated short film “Robot Will Protect You”, transforming the project into a full-fledged game. The production tells the story of a young, orphaned girl named Tina, and the action was set in “Neo Berlinie” in 2062. The 9-year-old has a lot of support because she is accompanied by a powerful mechanical friend – SAM-53. It is this duo that must take care of saving the whole world.
“The adventures of Tina and SAM-53 take place in a variety of locations, each filled with bizarre robotic creatures as well as grotesque human figures. By solving puzzles and exchanging observations about the world around them, they discover what it means to live life to the fullest in a world that seems to be depriving every sense of existence. ENCODYA tries to capture the charming and pensive style of Studio Ghibli by combining it with a blader vibe and surroundings ”.
The studio decided to create a “love letter to the classics of the genre”, and in the position itself we will find many references to the best point-and-clicks. The game deals with topics such as xenophobia and robophobia, influencer culture, class struggle and the influence of mega-corporations on shaping reality.
These are the main features of the Encodya:
- Explore the dark, cyberpunk world of ENCODYA in 2.5D as one of the two playable characters – Tina or SAM 53
- Chat with 34 characters who provide the game with a rich, exciting and varied story
- Go on a journey through over 100 locations, filled with corners waiting to be discovered and explored
- Randomly generated puzzles will provide a unique experience and will challenge you
- Feast your eyes with cutscenes and futuristic graphics that give the game a unique character
- Delve into the world of ENCODYA thanks to a specially created soundtrack for this title
- Each of the encountered characters has a dubbing made by professional actors who breathed life into your friends and … enemies
Encodya is available at prices from 120 to 135 PLN, and on selected platforms you will also find a 20% discount. In addition, a special edition of “Save the World” has landed on Steam, which, apart from the game, also offers players an artbook, downloadable soundtrack, wallpapers and film materials from the game’s production. The proceeds from the sale of this edition will contribute to Plan International, a charity that protects children’s rights and promotes equal opportunities for girls.