The world of news is complex and stories, as well as fake photos are often widely shared on social media. The Blasting News editorial team identifies the most popular hoaxes and misleading information each week to help you tell the truth from the fake. Here are the Fake News most shared this week.
Pfizer documents do not prove vaccines are unsafe during pregnancy
False statement: Social media users around the world have shared the claim that recently released documents from Pfizer show that the company’s COVID-19 vaccine is unsafe for pregnant and lactating women. The posts are followed by a screenshot of the alleged document.
- A reverse image search done using the keywords from the shared screenshot shows that the text in question is not, as claimed, part of a series of documents recently released by Pfizer, but rather a document issued by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency ( MHRA) in December 2020.
- In a statement released to AFP, a spokesperson for the MHRA confirmed that the agency was responsible for publishing the document and stressed that the text does not reflect current guidance from the UK health authorities, which strongly recommend to pregnant and pregnant women. breastfeeding to undergo the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The spokesperson also said that data from over 104,000 pregnant women who have received at least one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in England and Scotland shows that there is no evidence that the vaccine poses any risk to pregnant or developing women. feeding time.
Amber Heard did not copy lines from the movie “Mr.
Ripley “during the trial
False statement: Social media users in the United States shared the claim that actress Amber Heard copied lines from the 1999 film “Mr. Ripley’s Talent” during her May 4 testimony in the defamation lawsuit filed against him. she from ex-husband Johnny Depp.
According to the posts, Amber allegedly used lines from the character of Marge Sherwood, played by Gwyneth Paltrow, replacing only the name “Dickie” with “Johnny”.
- An analysis of Amber Heard’s testimony of May 4 and 5, 2022, broadcast in full on Court TV and the Law & Crime Network, shows that the actress never quoted lines from the film “Mr. Ripley’s Talent”.
- During the trial, Amber reported that while she was married to Depp she suffered a series of physical and sexual abuse, claims denied by the actor.
The photo does not show a Chinese report on the partition of Russia after the war
False statement: social media users in Italy shared an alleged screenshot of a broadcast of a Chinese state television channel speculating on the partition of Russian territory after the end of the War in Ukraine.
“A map is shown on Chinese state television CCTV showing which countries the territories of the Russian Federation could go to after its hypothetical collapse (oil-rich Siberia is, of course, Beijing)”, reads the caption of some posts. .
- A reverse image search shows that the map appearing on the alleged Chinese telecast has been circulating online since at least June 2020, when a Reddit user named galacticpasta posted the image accompanied by the following caption: “The country that’s right for you, when you are in Russia “.
- According to the Kazakh agency factcheck.kz, the man in the image is an investment consultant named Tao Ye, who works for Beijing Zhongfang Xinfu Investment Management Consulting Co.
- Searching for the name of Tao Ye you can find the original video, published on YouTube on June 30, 2021 with the following description: “The market remains strong and semiconductors are growing again”.
- In the background of the original video, as expected, the map of Russia does not appear.
Video does not show Putin’s speech against the “new world order”
False statement: Social media users in Brazil shared a video of a speech by Russian President Vladimir Putin, followed by a caption indicating that he criticized the “new world order” and said that world leaders are trying to reduce the population of the planet.
According to the caption, Putin also said that Western countries encourage homosexuality and terrorism.
- A reverse image search shows that the video shared on social media was recorded in 2016, on the occasion of the annual Victory Day parade, which celebrates the triumph of the Soviet Union over Nazi Germany in World War II. .
- In the full speech, available in English on the official website of the Russian government, it is possible to see that Putin actually pays tribute to the parents, grandparents and great-grandparents who fought in the war and asks for a minute of silence.
Disney did not admit making “a huge mistake” in supporting the “Gender Theory ‘
False statement: Social media users in Latin America shared an article claiming that Disney’s CEO admitted after the company’s shares plummeted by more than 70% that it was “a huge mistake” to support the gender theory.
- A reverse image search shows that the information shared on social media was originally published on April 8, 2022 by the USA Taters website, which in the “About Us” section carries the following message: “Everything on this website it’s fiction “.
- Disney’s current CEO, Bob Chapek, or his predecessor, Joe Barron, who appears erroneously in posts, does not appear to have released the statement that is circulating on social media. The information that Disney shares recently plummeted by more than 70% is also untrue.
- The false claim comes after Disney opposed a law passed by conservative Florida lawmakers and signed by Republican Governor Ron DeSantis that “prohibits the teaching of sexual orientation or gender identity in kindergarten until the third year”.
- After the law was passed, Disney released a statement saying it “should never have passed and should never have been signed.” “We are committed to defending the rights and safety of LGBTQ + members of the Disney family and LGBTQ + community in Florida and across the country,” it reads.
The map showing temperatures above 60 degrees Celsius in India is misleading
False statement: Social media users in Thailand shared a satellite image of India accompanied by a map of the country’s weather temperatures in April 2022, during a severe heatwave in early summer.
According to the image, some regions of India recorded temperatures above 60 degrees Celsius.
- A reverse image search shows that the satellite image was originally posted to Twitter on April 29, 2022 by @PlatformAdam, an environmental data platform.
- “The current wave of #extreme heat in #Pakistan and #India observed today, on the fourth day of intense heat, by #Copernicus # Sentinel3 LST (Land Surface Temperature, not Air!). The LST collected on April 29 shows a value maximum above 62 ° C / 143 ° F. Gaps due to clouds / snow / knots. #ClimateEmergency “, reads the tweet.
- According to experts, surface temperature (the LST mentioned in the tweet) is not the same as air temperature, a metric that is used in daily weather reports and is much more important for understanding how health and well-being human beings can be affected by the heat.
© REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED