Great Britain. A snowstorm hit Scotland and England more than a week ago, with several thousand homes still without electricity. Minister: totally unacceptable

More than a week after the snowstorm hit northern England and Scotland, 4,000 households are still without electricity. British Business and Energy Minister Kwasi Kwarteng described the situation as “completely unacceptable”. Meanwhile, as meteorologists have announced, more blizzards, downpours and strong gusts of wind are expected in the same areas of Great Britain at the beginning of the next week.

Northern England and Scotland were hit by the Arwen snowstorm on November 26, resulting in broken power poles and broken power lines. According to the energy supplier organization EAW, 4,025 households were still without electricity on Sunday morning, up from 4,700 on Saturday. About a million households were affected by the storm, although 99.5 percent of them had already been restored.

Northern Powergrid, a company that manages the power grids in the North East of England, said it hopes to restore power supplies to all consumers by Tuesday.

Power Outages That Long “Completely Unacceptable”

Kwasi Kwarteng, Minister for Business and Energy, traveled to the North East of England to assess on-site why repairs are taking so long in some areas. – This is totally unacceptable. It is inappropriate that people are left without electricity for such a long period, he said. – Nowadays, it should not be that four thousand people are without electricity for such a long time – he noted.

He added that an investigation would be conducted and that if it turned out that energy companies did not invest in infrastructure, penalties could be imposed on them.

Another snowstorm on the horizon

Meanwhile, the British meteorological office, the Met Office, warned on Sunday that another snowstorm was coming over the UK – the Barra, and it would also pass through those areas that were hit last. Heavy snowfall, heavy rainfall and strong winds are announced from Monday, with Barry’s main impact expected on Tuesday.

Main photo source: ENEX, Met Office / Twitter

About Banner Leon

Videogames entered his life in the late '80s, at the time of the first meeting with Super Mario Bros, and even today they make it a permanent part, after almost 30 years. Pros and defects: he manages to finish Super Mario Bros in less than 5 minutes but he has never finished Final Fight with a credit ... he's still trying.

Check Also

Russia will respond “adequately” to increasing US forces on NATO’s eastern flank

2022-01-24 12:41 publication2022-01-24 12:41 share / TASS Russia will not leave an answer and will …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *