What do Pamela Anderson, Emily Ratajkowski, Gigi Hadid and Chloë Sevigny have in common, apart from their pretty face and their international fame?
You might have guessed it, these household names all feature in the impressive guest roster at Palm Heights, a Caribbean boutique hotel that’s been a celebrity magnet since it opened in 2019.
Located along the crystal-clear shores of Seven Mile Beach on the island of Grand Cayman, the hotel founded by artistic director Gabriella Khalil exudes cool and the glamourwithout, however, falling into pretension.
We discovered a decor strongly inspired by the 60s and 70s, where pieces of vintage furniture follow one another in an arrangement that would make any design lover blush. There is also a pristine white sand beach lined with striped towels and sunny yellow umbrellas, as well as a brand new spa, a haven of peace of more than 60,000 square feet that we would not be surprised to see in THE Architectural Digest shortly.
Despite the breathtaking beauty of the place, it is the hospitality of the staff and their way of making us feel at home, almost as if we were part of the family, that remain anchored in us. After only a few hours on the site, we understand why the stars have made it their landmark.
The Palm Heights in a nutshell:
- boutique hotel
- 5 stars
- 52 suites
- 4 restaurants
- Free WIFI
- Accept animals
- Water activities including paddle boardsnorkeling, kayaking
- Meals all day
- Swimming pool and beach club reserved for guests
- Bespoke furniture and beach cushions
- Lounge reserved for customers
- 24 hour security
- Book your stay here
Prices vary between $700 and $1700 per night, depending on the season. It’s hard to be surprised at the high cost of stays when you remember the list of vacationers who choose to pack their bags there (Louis Vuitton!).
What we preferred…
- Thematic evening Mambo Italiano. Every Saturday, the Paradise Pizza restaurant at the Palm Heights hotel transports its guests to Naples for a very special European-flavoured evening. The evening opened with a glass of prosecco followed by an array of tasty Italian dishes, and ended with karaoke. kitsch to wish that we will remember for a long time.
- The brand new Garden Club Spa. Imagine a sanctuary worthy of your wildest dreams, then allow yourself to dream even more. This is what the Garden Club Spa would probably look like. This extraordinary refuge boasts sensory baths nestled in the heart of tropical flora, a state-of-the-art gym and a hypnotizing orange-toned marble-covered hammam. A must see.
- The souvenir shop Dolores. Light years away from traditional souvenir shops, the Dolores is a stop worth a visit in itself. We walked in like kids into a candy store, mesmerized by the carefully curated selection of handcrafted clothing, homeware and body care featuring designers from the Caribbean diaspora.
You might like less if…
- Looking for a place to stay with family. It is entirely possible to spend quality time at the Palm Heights with your children, but know that this is not a hotel where water games and daycare are kings.
- You want to take a vacation at a low price. Although we all have varying definitions of what constitutes a budget trip, we can most likely agree that a stay at Palm Heights does not fall into this category. For a vacation that’s kinder on the wallet, here are some destination ideas.
To help you plan your trip, do not hesitate to consult Cayman Islands Tourism website!
Silo Voyage discovered the Palm Heights thanks to Visit Cayman Islands.
BOOK YOUR STAY
Silo Voyage also tested:
• Read also: We tested: A romantic all-inclusive worthy of a Spanish castle in Punta Cana
• Read also: We tested: a luxurious hotel with its own private island in the Caribbean
• Read also: We found (and tested) the best accommodation in Charlevoix
• Read also: We tested: a rustic B&B in the Laurentians
• Read also: We tested: the incredible UHU mini-chalets in Charlevoix
• Read also: We tested the Blue Lagoon in Iceland and here are 9 things to know before going there
• Read also: We tested: A “100% relaxation” all-inclusive on the Pacific coast of Mexico
These videos might interest you!