At CES 2022, Lenovo unveiled two new ThinkPad Z series laptops. The devices have a new look and use recycled materials.
ThinkPad Z13 and Z16 are brand new laptops Lenovo, in line with the new utility design philosophy, addressed to various business customers. The new design is intended to reflect the changing approach to technology, its impact on the environment and the origin of the basic components. The materials used, such as recycled aluminum or vegan leather, also prove a more individual, new approach. The sustainability in the design of the ThinkPad Z Series is also evident in other features, such as the packaging made of 100% recyclable and compostable bamboo and sugarcane and the 75% post-consumer (PCC) AC power adapter.
Look: There will be another Motorola Razr – confirms the head of Lenovo
Look: Lenovo Tab P11 Pro – a powerful tablet for demanding customers
The ThinkPad Z13 and ThinkPad Z16 will be among the first laptops to be equipped with the latest processors AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 for mobile devices with a security system Microsoft Platoon. It boosts new computers running Windows 11ensuring the protection of users’ identities, data and applications.
AMD PRO technologies provide a complete set of functions that are essential for modern business. We’re excited to work with Lenovo to deliver the world’s first x86 processors to integrate the Microsoft Pluto security processor with the latest ThinkPad products. The ThinkPad Z series with AMD PRO technologies gives users the confidence to navigate the new hybrid world quickly, reliably and with security in mind.
Said Jason Banta, CVP and General Manager, OEM Client Computing, AMD
ThinkPad Z13 combined with an exclusive processor AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 6860Z3 is designed to provide a great experience when working remotely. The processor is optimized to ensure smooth audio and video performance, maximize responsiveness and ensure high battery life in applications such as Teams and Zoom. ThinkPad Z16, in turn, can be configured with a new graphics card AMD Radeon RX 6500M with AMD smart technologies to increase productivity, enable advanced content creation and digital entertainment, including games. Paired with Ryzen processors, AMD Smart Shift Max provides immediate power boost for both CPU and GPU, and Smart Shift Eco allows you to maximize battery performance.
Form meets function
Starting the celebration 30th anniversary of the ThinkPad brand, Lenovo shows how much it takes advantage of the legacy and heritage that result from successive generations of ThinkPads. It also shows its commitment to creating innovation that brings benefits to end users that will last for decades. The ThinkPad Z13 and Z16 continue to reflect the core design and engineering concepts that the ThinkPad brand has become synonymous with.
The ThinkPad Z series combines key technologies and design to further enhance the individual user experience. The minimalism that characterizes these constructions is visible and purposeful, and therefore refined. The screens of the new laptops have been improved thanks to ultra-narrow frames and effective aspect ratios for everyday use 4:10 pm. Audio and video conferencing is even better with the new communication panel it resides in improved FullHD webcam with larger sensor and two directional microphones. Larger was introduced ForcePad glass touch panel about size 120 mmthat seamlessly connects to the all-glass palm rest. This ensures quick and easy data entry. People familiar with the iconic red button TrackPoint They will surely appreciate the new feature: double-tapping the TrackPoint launches Communication QuickMenu for quick access to camera and microphone settings.
Lenovo’s goal is to delight end users with the distinctive look and feel of using this computer. Engineers achieved this by using recycled materials and keeping their promise of an exceptional experience, including ensuring IT departments with enterprise-class performance, security, reliability and manageability. Despite the slimmer design and new materials, the Z13 and Z16 are, after all, ThinkPad laptops and as such are tested according to the standards MIL-Spec 810H and undergo the same stringent quality controls as all ThinkPad laptops. This is a fundamental step in the development of ThinkPad products, especially with the use of new materials in the construction of both models.
We are immensely proud of our ThinkPad heritage, but we have little time to reflect as we strive to delight both new and existing customers. Innovation is in our DNA from design and development to engineering and the supply chain. We will continue to push the boundaries, make changes and work with close partners such as AMD and Microsoft to provide innovative and safer products, such as the new ThinkPad Z13 and Z16, that are designed to exceed the needs of current and future customers.
Said Jerry Paradise, vice president, Global Commercial Product Portfolio, Lenovo PC and Smart Devices
Lenovo ThinkPad Z – Key Features
- Recycled materials: black vegan leather and aluminum, and recyclable bamboo and sugarcane packaging.
- Communications Bar integrating FHD camera with larger sensor, electronic privacy shutter and dual microphones.
- The highest screen-to-body ratio (STB) in the ThinkPad portfolio – 91.6% (Z13) and 92.3% (Z16).
- Larger touch ForcePad with a width of 120 mm.
- New vivid color screens, including the 2.8K OLED touchscreen on the Z13 and the 4K OLED touchscreen on the Z16, both with Dolby Vision support and lower blue light emissions.
- Dolby Atmos compliant speaker system and Dolby Voice AI noise reduction technology.
- The new double-tap function on the TrackPoint button launches Communication QuickMenu for quick access to camera and microphone settings.
- The Z13 is powered by AMD Ryzen PRO U-series processors with integrated AMD Radeon graphics and the Microsoft Pluto security chip. The Z13 is also available with the exclusive AMD Ryzen PRO 6860Z processor.
- The Z16 is powered by AMD Ryzen PRO H-series processors with the Microsoft Pluto security chip and integrated AMD Radeon graphics or the optional AMD Radeon RX 6500M standalone graphics card.
- AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 processors with Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 technology offer advanced manageability and industry-leading Wi-Fi connectivity on the Z13 and Z16 models. Additionally, the 4-stream Qualcomm Dual Band Simultaneous (DBS) on AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 series processors maintains the low latency potential of the Wi-Fi Dual Station, natively supported on Windows 11.
- Pre-installed Windows 11.
- Match-on-chip fingerprint reader integrated with the keyboard for user convenience.
Availability and prices
In the US, new Lenovo laptops will be available from May 2022. The ThinkPad Z13 will be available at a price from $ 1,549 (PLN 6268), while the ThinkPad Z16 model will cost from $ 2099 (PLN 8494). Polish prices and the date of the debut in our country are not yet known. Lenovo promises that we will know this information soon.
Look: AMD with news for CES 2022 – the fastest processor for gamers
Look: TCL announces TV sets especially for gamers
Photo source: Lenovo
Text Source: Lenovo