- – This propaganda is used as an instrument in the fight against the Baltic countries and Poland in various ways. We ask our Western partners to focus on what is most important – fighting fake news, hacking attacks, and digital crimes – said Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki
- During the press conference, Prime Minister Morawiecki also referred to high prices of gas and raw materials. – This way out of the pandemic crisis enabled the accumulation of foreign exchange reserves and financial strength in the hands of Moscow – he stressed
- At the same time, he called “not to be caught by the Russian and Belarusian propaganda, because they operate with a policy of blackmail – energy, migration and political”
- More such information can be found on the main page of Onet.pl
Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki is in the Latvian capital, where he met the head of the Latvian government, Kriszjanis Karinsz, to discuss the situation on the Polish-Belarusian border and geopolitical threats.
– The Russians, and the Soviet Union before that, are masters of disinformation, emphasized Prime Minister Morawiecki. – Today we see an intensified attack of disinformation on Western capitals, and there, unfortunately, they do not know these methods as well as in Riga or Warsaw – emphasized the head of the Polish government.
Prime Minister on fake news and disinformation
– This propaganda is used as an instrument in the fight against the Baltic countries and Poland in various ways. We ask our Western partners to focus on what is most important – fighting fake news, hacker attacks, digital crimes, which are so often used by the Kremlin and Belarusian and Russian hackers as weapons in the fight on the international arena, said the Prime Minister.
The rest of the text below the video.
As he emphasized, “today we have exchanged a very interesting observation, because we see it very clearly as the prime ministers of Latvia and Poland – how cleverly Moscow can direct propaganda in the covid area to the Russian population and spread hostile anti-vaccine propaganda in all countries of Western Europe in a completely different way, and in particular Central Europe, for example in Poland. He explained that “we see a lot of fingerprints of Russian hackers in this area.” As he assessed, “this shows the power of Russian propaganda and we must be absolutely aware of it.”
During the press conference, Prime Minister Morawiecki also referred to high prices of gas and raw materials. – This way out of the pandemic crisis enabled the accumulation of foreign exchange reserves and financial strength in the hands of Moscow – he stressed. This – as he pointed out – causes that “Moscow is impregnated to some extent to possible retaliatory actions and at the same time accumulates the possibilities of offensive and aggressive actions”.
“Russia operates a policy of blackmail”
– We also see some additional risk of attracting immigrants and refugees from Afghanistan – indicated the prime minister. – I want it to be heard loud – we can see these efforts on the part of Lukashenka – he stressed.
As he noted, “when you look downstairs at all activities together and combine these dots into one picture, a clear picture of risk emerges – the risk of an attack on the eastern flank of NATO and the European Union.” As he added, “an attack that may have many faces”.
– We warn against this time together with partners from the Baltic states, because we see these risks in their entirety. We believe that only the withdrawal of migrants and the de-escalation action will be able to restore any constructive scenario with Lukashenka, he pointed out.
At the same time, he called for “not to be caught by the Russian and Belarusian propaganda, because they operate with a policy of blackmail – energy, migration and political”. – Our joint response is able to stop these black clouds that are gathering over our heads – he emphasized.
Migration crisis on the Polish-Belarusian border
The camp established at the border crossing in Kuźnica was finally deserted, and the migrants were directed by the Belarusian services to the logistics center. In the last 24 hours, 208 attempts were made to illegally cross the border from Belarus to Poland, the Border Guard informed. 31 foreigners were issued decisions to leave the territory of our country.
From the beginning of the year, the Border Guard recorded 35 thousand. attempts to cross the Polish-Belarusian border. From September 2, in 183 towns of the voivodeship In Podlasie and Lublin regions, a state of emergency is in force.
We are glad that you are with us. Subscribe to the Onet newsletter to receive the most valuable content from us.