Will Smith still does not have an Oscar, but is one of the favorite actors of audiences around the world. In 2008, Forbes recognized him as the highest-paid American actor. We appreciate his charisma, talent and disarming smile. Will Smith has dozens of titles that turned out to be box-office hits. What roles do we like the most?
See also: Films with Robert De Niro. Ranking of the best TOP10
Will Smith: Movies. List of the top 6 titles
Check out the list of the best Will Smith movies:
- ” Bad boys ” – a sensational movie from 1995 that has hardly grown old at all and is still great to watch. The two main characters are a police duo from sunny Miami: Marcus (Martin Lawrence) and Mike (Will Smith). They are hugely successful in seizing heroin worth $ 100 million, but unfortunately the drugs are stolen the very next day. Marcus and Mike have three days to recover their heroin – if the mission fails, the entire police station will be shut down. The plot is undoubtedly spiced up by the plot of a very alluring murder witness – Julia Mott (Téa Leoni). It is she who can plunge the perpetrator of the heroin theft.
- ”Independence Day” A year later, Will Smith starred in the winner of the Oscar and 11 other awards. This movie is a combination of action and science fiction. Will Smith plays the role of Steven Hiller, who lives a quiet life with his wife and son. Aliens come to Earth and want to destroy our planet. Captain Hiller must stand up for Earth and be prepared to take any risks. The rescue plan involves getting to the main alien ship and infecting their systems with a virus specially prepared for this purpose. Will Hiller’s mission be successful? You have to check it yourself.
- ” Ali ” – is a biographical film from 2001, a moving and epic epic story about one of the greatest boxers of all time – Muhammad Ali, multiple world heavyweight champion. Ali is a controversial figure: loved and admired by some, and sincerely hated by others. The boxer, who openly fought against the US government, refused to go to the Iraq war and fought for the right to use the name Muhammad, which he adopted after converting to Islam. Will Smith earned his first Oscar nomination for this film.
- ”Men in Black” – a great comedy that got three more parts. A pair of mismatched FBI agents – Agent J (Will Smith) and Agent K (Tommy Lee Jones) – pursue space terrorists who have arrived on Earth. They must do it as discreetly as possible to avoid panic, because humanity does not know about the presence of aliens on our planet. The security and future of the Earth depend on the cooperation of agents J and K. Can they do it?
- ”I am a legend” – a science fiction movie that squeezes a sea of tears at the same time. It is an adaptation of Richard Matheson’s 1954 novel. New York is overrun by a virus that turns people into aggressive creatures. The only survivor is Robert Neville (Will Smith) and his charming, faithful companion – the dog. Neville decides to invent a vaccine in his basement lab. Unfortunately, the monsters start chasing him …
- ”In the pursuit of happiness” – Will Smith was nominated for an Oscar for the second time for this 2006 film. It is a drama based on facts. His action is slow. Can this handsome actor successfully play an ordinary guy who has nothing to do with life? Yes! Chris Gardner wears a not-so-facial mustache, has no money because he has badly invested all his savings and is arguing with his wife, showing no understanding for her fears. Could seeking a position of a broker without proper education and knowledge turn out to be a good idea?
Will Smith – a complete filmography for real fans
We’ve compiled a list of the films starring Will Smith by release date below. If you are a true fan, you will definitely want to watch them all:
- “Where Does Your Day Take You” (1992), dir. Marc Rocco
- “Made in America” (1993), dir. Richard Benjamin
- “The Sixth Degree of Separation” (1993), dir. Fred Schepisi
- “Bad Boys” (1995), dir. Michael Bay
- “Independence Day” (1996), dir. Roland Emmerich
- “Men in Black” (1997), dir. Barry Sonnenfeld
- “Public Enemy” (1998), dir. Tony Scott
- Welcome to Hollywood (1998), dir. Adam Rifkin
- “Torrance Rises” (1999), dir. Spike Jonze, Lance Bangs
- “Very Wild West” (1999), dir. Barry Sonnenfeld
- “His Name Was Bagger Vance” (2000), dir. Robert Redford
- “Ali”, (2001), dir. Michael Mann
- “Men in Black II” (2002), dir. Barry Sonnenfeld
- “Bad Boys II” (2003), dir. Michael Bay
- “A Closer Walk” (2003), dir. Robert Bilheimer
- Jersey Girl (2004), dir. Kevin Smith
- “Me, the robot” (2004), dir. Alex Proyas
- “Fish from the gang” (2004), dir. Rob Letterman, Vicky Jenson, Bibo Bergeron
- There’s a God on the Mic (2005), dir. Kool Moe Dee, Brett W. Nemeroff
- “Hitch: The Best Advisor to the Average Guy” (2005), dir. Andy Tennant
- “In pursuit of happiness” (2006), dir. Gabriele Muccino
- “I am a legend” (2007), dir. Francis Lawrence
- “Hancock” (2008), dir. Peter Berg
- “Seven souls” (2009), dir. Gabriele Muccino
- “Men in Black III” (2012), dir. Barry Sonnenfeld
- “1000 years after the Earth” (2013), dir. M. Night Shyamalan
- “Shock” (2015), dir. Peter Landesman
- “Focus” (2015), dir. Glenn Ficarra, John Requa
- “Suicide Squad” (2016), dir. David Ayer
- “Aladdin” (2019), dir. Guy Ritchie
See also: Videos with Brad Pitt. Check out one you haven’t seen yet