The government of Mexico City, through the Pillar Code Schools, offers free courses to learn programming.
Any of the courses is aimed at General population over 17 years of age and available at the 140 locations of the Points of Innovation, Freedom, Art, Education and Knowledge.
In conjunction with the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) in the Code Schools developed part of the agenda. Nora Perez Quezadas of the Research Institute in Applied Mathematics and Systems (IIMAS) explained that the courses have a gender focus and that “a combination of pedagogical students from the Faculty of Philosophy and Letters and engineering students from the Faculty of Engineering who are responsible for the activities was made.”
The objective of the courses is to provide tools to those who register to join the labor field and who have the opportunity to grow professionally. People who take the courses must have availability of 4 to 8 hours a week to attend face-to-face.
What are the courses and what do they consist of?
* Web development HTML pages
* It has two schedules, the weekly is 4 days between Monday to Fridaythe sessions last 2 hours and there are 8 weeks to complete the course.
* In the case of Saturday Classes are 4 hours long and last 15 weeks.
What is the theme?
* Topics focus on creating web pages HTML static.
* Make a website on the internet available to all audiences.
* Correctly use the writing of codes in the web page that will be developed and study the factors that must be taken into account to hire a hosting.
* Junior level data analysis
* The weekly mode is 4 days from Monday to Friday, 2 hours of class and covers 13 weeks. Sessions are 4 hours on Saturdays and the duration is 24 weeks.
* Throughout the classes topics such as entering information to databases, Object-oriented programming (POO).
* The different types of data and functions in pythoncreate tables in a database.
* Solid foundations about programming in Python.
Junior level programming
* The weekly course is 4 days with 2-hour sessions, it is 16 weeks, on the other hand, the one on Saturdays is 4 hours and covers 29 weeks.
* The agenda that the students will see is to form a solid foundation on programming in Javaperform Object Oriented Programming (OOP), see relational and conditional operators.
* Handle errors, form basic data structures, compile and run Java programs.
How to register for programming courses?
* To receive more information about any of the courses, Code Schools have enabled a form in which you must enter personal data and a email.
* To register you must go to the module closest to your home, to know the locations of the Pillars it is through the link https://pilares.cdmx.gob.mx/inicio#mapa.
* After you have located the closest one, select the balloons that appear with the letter P to know the address and in the Consult you see the information of the available activities.
* Then check if they have the programming classes, in the same way you can know the schedules and modality through the social networks of PILLARS CDMX.