Polski Holding Hotelowy has announced a tender offer for 100 percent of the shares of the hotel company Interferie. It will last from January 21 to February 21 this year. and applies to 100 percent of the shares. The offered price is PLN 8.71 per share. The fact that the tender offer will be effective was determined by the agreement signed by PHH with KGHM Polska Miedź, the existing majority shareholder, representing 69.71 percent. share. – PHH Group is constantly working very intensively on the further consolidation of state-owned companies that have hotels or hotel facilities in Poland – says WNP.PL, the president of the Gheorghe group Marian Cristescu.
- Polski Holding Hotelowy is a company controlled by state-owned capital, whose strategy is to take over and consolidate hotel and leisure facilities owned directly or indirectly by the State Treasury.
- In 2021, several agreements were signed with companies listed on the WSE to take over their hotel business. Among them were: KGHM Polska Miedź, PGE and PGNiG, which decided to focus on their core businesses.
- PHH has announced a tender offer for the sale of 100 percent of shares in Interefie, a company controlled by KGHM, which has hotels and spas in attractive locations. The intention is to gain full control and focus 100 percent of the shares in the tender offer.
Polski Holding Hotelowy is currently the second largest hotel group in our country, with 100% Polish capital. It has 27 facilities and a strategic goal has been adopted to expand the hotel and leisure base in the coming years.
At the end of last year, several agreements were concluded significantly extending the scope of PHH’s business operations. As part of these agreements, PGE signed a conditional agreement for the sale of 10 hotels and facilities owned by the subsidiary Elbest. In the case of PGNiG, it is the acquisition of Geovita, which has hotels in very attractive locations. KGHM Polska Miedź has decided to sell its shares in Interferie and end its adventure with the tourism and hotel industry. One of the latest acquisitions of PHH is the Health Resort Sanatorium in Kołobrzeg.
– The Capital Group of Polski Holding Hotelowy is constantly working very intensively on the further consolidation of state-owned companies that have hotels or hotel facilities in Poland. Activities that we started in this area some time ago – incl. the signing of conditional agreements for the purchase of further companies, Interferie, Elbest and Geovita – are to allow us to expand our portfolio by another dozen hotels and facilities. Of course, we are working intensively to ensure that the implementation of these transactions, which is dependent on the fulfillment of conditions precedent agreed between the parties, as well as obtaining relevant corporate approvals, will take place in the first quarter of 2022 – said WNP.PL president of PHH Gheorghe Marian Cristescu.
In line with the company’s strategy, all acquired facilities will be constantly improved and modernized, bringing them to the same international standard as in other hotels. In November last year, Polski Holding Nieruchomości and Polski Holding Hotelowy concluded an agreement with Bank Pekao for a 7-year loan in order to refinance the acquisition of Regent Warsaw Hotel by a joint subsidiary established for this purpose.
– PHH has been cooperating as a franchisee for many years with leading global hotel chains such as: Mariott International, Best Western Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels Group and Louvre Hotels Group. All hotels and facilities in our hotel group, including those operating under the international brand of well-known global hotel chains, belong to PHH, said President Cristescu.
In 2021, Courtyard by Mariott Warsaw Airport was recognized by guests as the best facility of the Mariott Int. Network in Poland and the second largest facility in Europe, the Middle East and Africa compared to other 86 facilities operating under this brand.
Offices for rent. See offers on PropertyStock.pl
Material protected by copyright – the rules for reprints are specified statute.
To the article: Polski Holding Hotelowy announces a tender offer for Interferie