- The wardrobe of Prince Charles’ wife was full of outfits straight from the biggest fashion houses. “Queen of Human Hearts” especially liked designs from Versace, Catherine Walker, Christian Dior, Jacques Azagura and Bellville Sassoon salon
- Princess Diana rarely spoke about fashion, although she held an important place in her life. The designs she was wearing at the time are coming back into favor again
- Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning, Jennifer Aniston, Emily Ratajkowski, and even Harry Styles and of course Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle are just the beginning of the list of stars who were inspired by Lady Di’s stylizations
- More such stories can be found on the main page of Onet.pl
Princess Diana’s dressing room continues to impress. No wonder that her creations can be seen from time to time at special exhibitions at Kensington Palace, as well as at auctions at the largest auction houses. Lady Di’s outfits such as “Revenge Dress”, “Gonzaga”, “Travolta Dress” and “Elvis” have gone down in the history of fashion for good. Anyway, nothing was left to chance in Diana’s collection.
She chose cheerful, colorful clothes because she wanted to convey affordability and warmth (…) She did not wear gloves because she liked to hold people’s hands. Sometimes she wore thick jewelry for children to play with, and after a while, she never wore hats to children’s hospitals because she said you couldn’t hug a baby in it
– said Eleri Lynn, curator of the exhibition “Diana: Her Fashion Story” at Kensington Palace, in an interview with “Vanity Fair”.
Meanwhile, the stars have been inspired by Lady Di’s fashion choices so far. Let’s take a closer look at them. First fire Diana’s famous set from 1995 The jacket and skirt are the work of a British designer of Polish origin, Tomasz Starzewski. The hat was by Philip Somerville.
Melania Trump inspired by Diana’s style, she paid tribute to her during the visit of the White House representatives to Great Britain in 2019. Then she dazzled with a white dress with navy blue accessories straight from the Dolce & Gabbana atelier. The whole styling of the first lady was complemented by a hat with a large brim by Hervé Pierre.
However, not only Melania Trump paid the fashion tribute to Diana. Which stars were also inspired by Lady Di’s style after many years? This group includes such celebrities as, for example, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Aniston, Anne Hathaway and Gwyneth Paltrow, as well as the daughters-in-law of the princess – Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle.
The rest of the article is available under the video
Elegant and at the same time very feminine – this creation made a sensation when Diana first wore it for a dinner at the White House in 1985. It is still impressive today. After all, it was sold at auction for a staggering sum of PLN 264 thousand for a reason. pounds. The dark blue evening dress inspired by Victorian fashion was designed by Victor Edelstein. However, it went down in history as the “Travolta Dress” due to the famous dance of Lady Di and John Travolta.
The gently sloping shoulder of the dress is a procedure that was also used in the creation of Angelina Jolie at the BAFTA 2018 gala. It is a project of the British duo Ralph & Russo.