7-point Galatasaray, which entered the national break on high spirits with its win against Gaziantep Football Club in the fourth week, will host 1-point Yelport Samsunspor, which, like itself, is missing a match and is in the league. Couldn’t start. Planned.
Cihan Aydın will be the referee for the match to be played at Reims Park on Saturday evening at 20:00.
Among the teams that Galatasaray has hosted more than 15 times in the Super Lig, Yilport Samsunspor is recorded as its opponent with the highest win rate. The Yellow-Reds won the last six matches in which they hosted the Black Sea team and scored a total of 16 goals in these matches.
In the previously played 60 matches between the two teams, the Yellow-Red won 39 times, while the Black Sea team managed to leave 7 matches with 3 points. While Galatasaray scored 115 times in these matches, Yilport Samsunspor responded to their opponent with 42 goals.
Galatasaray, who host Copenhagen in their first match in the giants’ league groups at the weekend, will aim to boost morale ahead of the match on Wednesday by overcoming the difficult hurdle facing their visitors.
The Yellow-Reds’ new transfers, who have established a vocal team with the reinforcements they have brought in, Eyup Aydin, Ndombele and Ziyech, will appear in front of their fans at Reims Park for the first time if coach Okan Buruk gives them the chance.
Yilport Samsunspor, who started the season under coach Hüseyin Eroğlu, attacked in the last days of the transfer period. The Black Sea team has become stronger with the inclusion of Muhammad Gumuskaya, Flavian Tait, Carlo Holse, Landry Demata and Erkan Kara in their squad.
Samsunspor, whose only win in the last 13 league matches in which they hosted Istanbul teams was against Besiktas in their last visit in April 2012, experienced the last period in which they consistently won in these away matches in February–April 1995. Achieved two victories.
You can watch this exciting match of the week in 4k quality on beIN SPORTS 1.
Here are the highlights of the match!
● Among the teams Galatasaray has hosted 15+ times in the Super Lig, the opponent with the highest win rate is Samsunspor (90%; 27/30). The Yellow-Reds won the last six matches in which they hosted the Black Sea team and scored a total of 16 goals in these matches.
● Samsunspor, which is preparing to face its most defeated rival Galatasaray in the Super League (7W 14D 39L), has won only two (1D 10L) from its last 13 matches.
● Galatasaray, who won their last four Super League matches at home without conceding a goal, last experienced such a long streak in front of their own fans under the management of Fatih Terim between April and August 2018 (W5).
● Samsunspor, whose only win in the last 13 Süper Lig matches in which they hosted Istanbul teams was against Besiktas in their previous visit (1–0; April 2012), experienced the last period in which it won in these away matches. Achieved two consecutive wins in February–April 1995 (W2).
● Galatasaray, which did not concede a single goal in three matches played in the Super League this season (3-0 vs. Gaziantep FK, 2-0 vs. Trabzonspor and 0-0 vs. Kayserispor), had experienced such a similar situation last season. They did not allow their opponents a chance to score in their first four matches in 1978/79. (5 matches).
● Samsunspor, which scored 1 point in the Super Lig this season, experienced the only period in its league history where it had fewer points in the first three matches (0) in 1998/99. The Black Sea team finished with 1 point or less after the first four matches in only three of the last 30 seasons in which they competed in the top league (0 points; 1998/99 and 1 point; 1991/92 and 1982/83).
● There are only two teams that are expected to score more goals per shot than Samsunspor (0.12; 2.7 xG/22 shots) and Galatasaray (0.13; 6.08 xG/48 shots) in the 2023/24 Super League season: Istanbulspor (0.13; 2.7 xG/48 shots) and Galatasaray (0.13; 6.08 xG/48 shots). 1.59 xG/ 48 shots). 12 shots) and Fenerbahçe (0.17; 7.99 xG/48 shots).
● Mauro Icardi, who has scored in his last 10 Super League matches in the starting 11 (17 goals in total), is ahead of Burak Yilmaz, who has the longest streak since 2007/08, when Opta began detailed analysis (11 matches ; May – November 2011). ) aims to equal his record.
● Kerem Akturkoglu, who has made eight assists in the last seven matches in the Super League, is looking to surpass the number of goal passes in the last 48 matches. Kerem, who has provided Mauro Icardi with five of his eight assists this season, is the player who has provided the most goal passes to the same teammate since 2022/23 (7; Mauro Icardi).
● Moryke Fofana, who assisted Samsunspor’s last goal in the Super League (Marius Mouandilmadji vs. Kayserispor), is the man who has passed the most shots with the Black Sea representative’s jersey on this season (5). Among the teams where Fofana could not contribute a single goal in his Super League career, the opponent he faced the most was Galatasaray (8 matches).
Galatasaray XI: Muslera Angelino, Abdulkarim, Nelson, Boe | Kerem Demirbay, Torreira, Mertens | Tete, Kerem Akturkoglu, Icardi
Yelport Samsunspor XI: Oaken | Drongelen, Younus, Zeki, Kingsley | Osman, Tait, Holse, Fofana, Emre Kılıç | laura
Which team do you think will win the battle?