Kamil Stoch will not play in the World Cup in Zakopane due to an injury. Another blow for you.
– Unfortunately. Kamil has a torn joint capsule in the ankle joint. He also has tight ligaments, but his bones are intact. Unfortunately, there was an injury during the warm-up before training.
There is a chance that he will come back to the Olympics?
– Yes. And that’s a positive thing about this whole situation.
Are you broke?
– I am. I saw Kamil’s jumps from Monday’s training and his last attempts were really very good. There is a national team competition ahead of us, and this is the situation here. However, we will fight.
I assume that Kamil Stoch will be in the squad for the Olympics, which will be announced after the World Cup in Zakopane. However, will he have a chance to train before Beijing?
– I am sure that Kamil will be in the squad for the Olympics. However, if something is wrong with the cube, we will make a change at the last minute. I have the composition for the Olympics in my head. We will take five players and we will announce the line-up after the competitions in Zakopane. I haven’t spoken to the doctor yet, but heard that there is hope for training ahead of Beijing.
Will someone else appear in Zakopane in place of Stoch?
– Yes. In his place, we appointed Jan Habdas, who was initially to compete in the Continental Cup.
What was the last training of the staff like?
– Those who were in Bischofshofen had to travel for a long time. But the end of the training was good. Paweł Wąsek jumped the best of all. Piotrek Żyła is jumping better and better. Andrzej Stękała and Jakub Wolny showed their best. Olek Zniszczoł and Stefan Hula performed well.