Fall and winter are good times to perform intensive or invasive cosmetic procedures.
photo 123rf.com/ rh2010
In autumn and winter, we are more likely to perform treatments in beauty salons or aesthetic medicine. It is favored by the weather and not very intense solar radiation, but we also feel the need to regenerate after summer, especially if the skin has been often exposed to the sun.
Needle mesotherapy, microneedle radiofrequency, laser treatments or chemical peels – although they differ significantly in their specificity and are selected adequately to the needs, they all have one thing in common – strong skin regeneration. Fall and winter are the perfect time for intensive skin care.
Needle mesotherapy involves puncturing our skin to a depth of two to three millimeters. With the help of a microscopic needle, valuable nutrients are injected, tailored to the needs of the skin. Most often, such a cocktail contains hyaluronic acid, vitamins and active substances.
– I especially recommend mesotherapy to people who like sunbathing in the summer, which results in a strong drying of the skin, thickening and the formation of new wrinkles after the sun. Dermapen treatment has a similar revitalizing and lightening effect. In addition to refreshing, micro-needles, infusing nutrients under the skin, additionally improve the tension and firmness – explains Marta Urbanowicz, cosmetologist from Clinica Cosmetologica in Gdańsk.
Aesthetic medicine in the Tri-City
Microneedle radiofrequency is a treatment aimed at firming and improving skin tension, smoothing wrinkles, restoring color and radiance, reducing pores, leveling surface scars
Microneedle radiofrequency is a procedure aimed at firming and improving skin tension, smoothing wrinkles, restoring color and radiance, reducing pores, leveling surface scars, reducing stretch marks, inhibiting hair loss or lightening shadows under the eyes. With the help of micro-punctures, electroporation and radio waves, the renewal of the skin of the face, body and head is stimulated.
– Numerous applications and a huge possibility of configuration make the treatment an ideal solution for many aesthetic problems. Depending on the choice of needle length, the procedure is more or less invasive. The first effects of tissue regeneration appear shortly after the procedure and are permanent – he says Magdalena Zera from The Clinic Centrum Medyczne.
The most popular treatments are those with the use of a laser.
If you need to reduce discoloration, even out skin tone, remove pigmentation spots or reduce the effects of photoaging, it is worth reaching for laser treatments. The most popular recently is the CO2 fractional laser, which is considered to be one of the most modern devices in aesthetic medicine used to fight skin aging.
– I recommend the CO2 laser to people who forgot to protect the skin with a UV filter in the summer, which resulted in difficult to remove stains and deep discoloration, impossible to remove with peeling – he says Igor Michajłowski, MD, PhD, specialist in dermatology from Clinica Dermatologica in Gdańsk.
During such a treatment, the skin is subjected to controlled damage to stimulate it to regenerate. The CO2 fractional laser allows not only sun-kissed skin regeneration, but also improves skin density, activates collagen production, and reduces scars after surgery and burns.
– As a result of the photothermal reaction, water in the tissue heats up, then evaporates and releases heat, which damages the cells. At the same time, we can observe strong repair processes that are responsible for the formation of new collagen. After the procedure, with the help of a fractionating scanner, the microdamages close and heal much faster than in the case of classic, non-ablative fractionating lasers – he explains Karolina Biernatowicz from The Clinic Centrum Medyczne.
Laser treatments are usually performed in series. For even better results, they can be combined with other treatments.
A slightly different treatment, ideal for autumn regeneration for people with combination and oily skin, struggling with the problem of blackheads, overproduction of sebum and enlarged pores is a therapeutic pumpkin treatment.
– The main element of the treatment is a mask with natural pumpkin pulp, which is a rich source of vitamins C, B1, B2, B6, PP and K. In addition, the pulp contains large amounts of beta-carotene with a strong antioxidant effect and retinoic acid, i.e. the most active forms of vitamin A. The low-concentration keratolytic acids complement the sebostatic and antibacterial effects of the therapy. Probiotics are a very important ingredient in the pumpkin mask, he explains Adrianna Komolibio from The Clinic Centrum Medyczne.
The treatment reduces blackheads and inflammatory changes. The probiotics contained in it counteract the multiplication of bacteria responsible for the development of acne lesions and
infections, and anti-inflammatory substances moisturize and prevent the shiny skin.
Read also: BB and CC creams – how are they different and how to use them?
Stronger beauty treatments
An alternative to aesthetic medicine treatments are more invasive cosmetic treatments. The autumn and winter period is a good time to perform treatments that restore the skin’s balance, regenerate or biostimulate, as well as those that will help to eliminate the negative influence of external factors on our skin. Interesting proposals may be: ferulic electrostimulation, oxygen infusion or chemical peels.
– DNA Recovery treatment is intended for skin with a tendency to discoloration and inflammation. The treatment was enriched with oxygen infusion and enzymes that repair the DNA structure, as well as zinc and amino acids – says Katarzyna Wielgoszewska with Prana SPA at Radisson Hotel & Suites.
Ferulic electrostimulation is a procedure during which electrical impulses stimulate the process of creating collagen fibers and accelerate the reconstruction of healthy cells. The use of ferulic acid destroys pathogenic cells, unfavorable for our body. In addition, invariably at this time of the year, treatments with the use of the so-called acids, i.e. chemical peels.
– It is also worth remembering about the long-term benefits of peelings with the use of acids. The skin regains its glow, the pores narrow, its color is evened and its elasticity and tension improves, which gives a comprehensive effect visible after the first treatment – adds Katarzyna Wielgoszewska.