Lily had been missing for nearly a week. Cat owners know they can go on outdoor adventures, but when they don’t show up for a couple of days, worry rises. But this beautiful crawler not only amazed everyone by returning to her house, but she was able to ring the bell to get the door open.
The facts date back to August, but only in these days has the story bounced around in various US media because Stefanie Whitley and Efrain Leandry posted on Ring.com the security camera images of their doorbell in their Long Island home in New York.
The cat who has been missing for a week returns home and rings the bell
In the footage, Lilly is seen reaching for the camera, ringing the bell and meowing a few times, trying to warn her owners that she would like to enter the house.
Whitley says her cat is familiar with how their doorbell system works and that every time it rings, it looks at the door curious to know who is at the door.
Lily’s return home brought a mix of emotions to her owners: “Our family was ecstatic, emotional and hysterical when they saw her coming home,” Whitley said.
Follow LaZampa.it on Facebook (click here), Twitter (click here) Instagram (click here)
Don’t miss the best news and stories from LaZampa, subscribe to the free weekly newsletter (click here)
– The dumb child, Asperger’s syndrome and his snuff dog
– After the Corgi era, the Jack Russell era of King Charles III begins
– Polstrada agent saves a dog abandoned on a highway and asks for its adoption: it will be called Lucky
– “My dog does not walk well, it must be killed”, but the vet saves and adopts the puppy
– This is why cats are friends of man but not always of the environment
– Bad weather in the Marche, so the dog Rocco was saved by climbing on the bed
– Fear of stray dogs in India, a man with a rifle escorts his daughter and other students to school to avoid attacks
– That imaginary dialogue between the volunteer and Wolf, the “invisible” dog who cannot be adopted
– “There is a wolf in the school garden”, but in reality it was a lost dog
– A gas station attendant adopts all the stray dogs that knock on his door
– A footballer celebrates the goal by showing the photo of his dog who died a few weeks ago: “You taught me love”
– A dog risks falling from the second floor, a delivery boy climbs to save him
– A couple goes out to dinner and comes home with a cat in their arms
– De Giorgi: “I won the Volleyball World Cup thanks to my cat Grace”
– Deaf dog Dave is adopted by Walker, a little boy who is losing his hearing
– Rescue a dog from the street and is fined, the story of Rocco and Pamela
– The dog Fuffi howling at absence
– So the dog Harley saved her sister Lottie who fell into a hot tub and was in danger of drowning
– Elizabeth II, the royal beekeeper announces to the bees of Buckingham Palace: “The queen is dead, but don’t go away”
– Russian bombs on Kharkiv, Ukrainian firefighters rescue a cat stuck in a burning building
– “He was crying in my arms”, so the paramedic adopts the puppy dog that had just lost its owner
– Stray dogs and the problem of rabies in India: a 12-year-old girl dies