The dramatic events took place on Friday, January 14. The apartment is located on the second floor at ul. John Paul II in Dębno caught fire. When the fire brigade arrived, the flames were already pouring out of the building. The firefighters immediately began the rescue operation. Every second counted.
According to the website chojna24.pl, during the evacuation, one of the firefighters gave his oxygen device to the rescued children. The fireman managed to safely lead them out of the burning building. It turned out that Łukasz Gryciak from JRG Dębno showed this heroic gesture. In addition to serving, the man is also a player in the fourth league MKS Dąb Dębno. Unfortunately, he poisoned himself with smoke, which meant that he had to go to a hospital in Szczecin.
Łukasz Gryciak’s club informed about everything on social media.
“The heroic feat of Dąb’s footballer – Łukasz Gryciak. While serving in the fire brigade, today (on Friday) he saved two children from a fire. Łukasz gave his oxygen mask to the children and transported them down. hospital. We wish you good health! ” – it was written.
The rescue operation was successful. The firefighters managed to evacuate all endangered residents and extinguish the fire. The apartment in which the fire broke out was completely destroyed.