Take-Two Interactive, the publisher of the GTA series and Red Dead Redemption, among others, acquired Zynga. This is the most expensive acquisition in the history of the industry.
Take-Two Interactive is a company that needs no introduction. It is one of the largest and most famous game publishers. Their portfolio includes Rockstar Games productions, such as GTA and Red Dead Redemption, as well as 2K Games, such as Borderlands, BioShock, Mafia or NBA 2K.
Take-Two Interactive buys Zynga
Now another developer, Zynga, joins the Take-Two Interactive family. You surely know this name, because at one time it was the greatest developer of online games. It was Zynga who once created the extremely popular FarmVille that you could play on Facebook.
Today, Zynga is primarily a developer of mobile games, who has, among others, productions in the world of Harry Potter or Game of Thrones (although rather unambitious), as well as subsequent versions of FarmVille.
The biggest takeover in the gaming industry
The price that Take-Two Interactive paid for Zynga may be surprising. The entire transaction amounts to USD 12.7 billion. This is the biggest takeover in the history of the gaming industry, which only shows how much the companies present on the mobile gaming market are worth today.
Which acquisitions are in the next places? The TOP 10 list is as follows:
- Take-Two buys Zynga – $ 12.7 billion
- Tencent buys Supercell (81.4%) – $ 8.6 billion
- Microsoft buys ZeniMax Media (Bethesda) – $ 8.1 billion
- Activision Blizzard buys King – $ 5.9 billion
- Microsoft buys Mojang – $ 2.5 billion
- Electronic Arts buys Glu Mobile – $ 2.4 billion
- Facebook buys Oculus VR – $ 2 billion
- Zynga buys Peak – $ 1.8 billion
- Bandai buys Namco – 1.7 billion dollars
- Tencent buys Leyou – $ 1.5 billion
Look: The cult series will see another game, perhaps even a multiplayer game
Look: What do Jeff Bezos have in common with nuclear war? We know
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Text Source: TweakTown