Another attempt at illegal border crossing was thwarted in the region of Białowieża, the Ministry of National Defense reported, adding that the attack by “aggressive migrants” was supported by the Belarusian services. 50 people tried to cross the border with Poland. As Stanisław Żaryn, the spokesman for the minister-coordinator of special services, said, “we are entering the conflict phase, when each day starts to resemble the other day”. Follow the live coverage of the events on the Polish-Belarusian border on RadioZET.pl.
- The Ministry of National Defense informs that another attempt to cross the border illegally was foiled in the Białowieża area. The ministry said that it was an attack by “aggressive migrants” supported by the Belarusian services and that 50 people tried to cross the border with Poland
- We enter the conflict phase when each day begins to resemble the other. We are still dealing with repeated attacks by groups of foreigners supported by the Belarusian services. We can see that this conflict is beginning to be calculated for a long time – Stanisław Żaryn, spokesman for the minister-coordinator of secret services, writes on Twitter
- An Iraqi citizen, who was found in the forest two weeks ago by the services, is in a hospital in a serious condition. The woman was pregnant, but had a miscarriage. The funeral of the unborn child will be organized by the Tatar commune
- There may be 10,000 or more migrants in Belarus. They are located in various places, but they can all be used to try to destabilize the situation in Poland, Żaryn said at a press conference
The situation on the Polish-Belarusian border live
Crisis on the border. Migrants tried to get to Poland
Since the beginning of the year, the Border Guard has recorded over 35,000. attempts to illegally cross the Polish-Belarusian border, of which over 6,000 in November, nearly 17.3 thousand. in October, almost 7.7 thous. in September and over 3.5 thousand. in August.
The situation worsened two weeks ago, on November 8, near the Kuźnica-Bruzgi border crossing, a large group of foreigners gathered on the Belarusian side of the border, and since then they have attempted to cross the border several times by force. There were, among others, thrown at the Polish services stones and wood logs. Some officers were injured.
The camp created at the crossing finally emptied, and the migrants were directed by the Belarusian services to the logistics center. Due to the situation on the Polish-Belarusian border, border traffic at the road crossing in Kuźnica was suspended from November 9 until further notice.
The state of emergency at the border with Belarus
From September 2, due to the situation on the border in the border zone with Belarus, in 183 localities in the province. In Podlasie and Lublin regions, a state of emergency is in force. It was introduced for 30 days under the ordinance of President Andrzej Duda, issued at the request of the Council of Ministers. The Seym has agreed to extend the state of emergency for another 60 days, and it is in force at the moment from the beginning of December.
By the middle of next year, a steel fence will be erected on the border with Belarus, topped with barbed wire and enriched with electronic devices. The 180 km long and 5.5 m high dam will be built in Podlasie. Along the border, motion sensors, day and night cameras will be installed. The Bug is a natural dam in the Lublin region.