The live coverage of the World Cup in Qatar 2022 with all the matches, news, formations on the field and the protagonists
• Second day off today, Thursday 8 December, for the World Cup in Qatar. Here the results, the calendar and where to see all the matches
• The knockout phase schedule: the four quarter-finals are played tomorrow and Saturday
• Yesterday was the day of reflections on the future of Cristiano Ronaldo, who was placed on the bench in the eighth against Switzerland: the strength and the limit of the Portuguese phenomenon is narcissism (but someone like him deserves respect)
• Here are the outfits the coaches wore on the bench
• Last night, during the press conference of Vinicius of Brazil, the unexpected: a cat appears and stops on the table until it is kicked out by the press officer of Seleao
07:45 am – Hazard, farewell to the national team
(Paolo Tomaselli, sent to Doha) People who leave, people who stay, people who wait. The eliminated room loses a precious piece: Eden Hazards, at the age of 31 he left Belgium, knocked out in the group stage by Morocco and Croatia. The Real attacking midfielder becomes the emblem of an incomplete generation, third in the World Cup in Russia. There Germany, on the other hand, does not change and goes ahead with Hansi Flick on the bench. Like Low four years ago, his successor also keeps his place after elimination in the group stage. The goal is to relaunch Euro 2024, which Germany will organize, starting from the baby phenomenon Musiala. The only one to leave among the Germans was then the director Bierhoff, after 18 years. In Spain Louis Enrique is ferociously attacked, especially by the Madrid press after another knockout on penalties, this time against Morocco: The tragedy of a style headlines Brand. Even the federation seems on the verge of unloading the Asturian coach.
07:30 – Vinicius and the cat
I am happy that at the age of 22 I have achieved the goals I had. I have worked to get to live these moments that I am living and will continue to do so. I have the best players by my side, both in Real and in Seleao. Carry on like this and, God willing, on December 18th we will add another title, then we will continue to work to win everything again. In these words the enthusiasm and will to win of Vinicius Junior, 22-year-old star of the blancos and of a Brazil that reached the quarter-finals of the World Cup by winning and having fun, except for the misstep against Cameroon. The green-gold exterior, was surprised by the way Brazil’s press secretary chased away a cat that had taken up residence on the conference desk, talks about everything two days before the quarter-final against Croatia, starting with Carlo Ancelotti, his coach at Real. He has always given me the trust I needed, the right attention at the most appropriate moment, when I felt the need. like a father to me, he gives me affection and also responsibility, but like this with everyone, not only with me and even Ronaldo, when we see each other, he always tells me that he was the best coach of his.
07:15 – Where to watch the games on TV
Here is the complete guide on where to see all the World Cup matches in Qatar on TV. The quarter-finals start tomorrow, here’s what you need to know.
December 8, 2022 (change December 8, 2022 | 07:53)
© REPRODUCTION RESERVED