danny lewisread 4 minutes
The summer transfer window has closed across Europe, but there’s still action and plenty of gossip abounding. Transfer Talk brings you the rumours, comings and goings and of course all the latest buzz. The deals are done!
TOP STORY: Man City to offer Haaland a big contract if he commits to staying long-term
Manchester City keen to offer striker erling holland A new contract to avoid losing to Real Madrid or Barcelona, as reported by La Gazzetta dello Sport.
The 23-year-old already has a contract that runs until 2027, although it includes a €200 million release clause that will decline annually over the duration of the deal. With this in mind, City are ready to offer the Norway international a new contract, which would increase his wages and add an extra year to the existing deal, as well as remove the release clause.
Both Real Madrid and Barcelona are aware of Haaland’s current move, so both are reportedly watching any developments with keen interest.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (US)
– Read on ESPN+: This is the real reason VAR will never work
and los blancosunable to sign kilian mbappe Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is expected to make all efforts to sign Haaland, following a long-standing relationship with the 24-year-old from Paris Saint-Germain. Since Karim Benzema’s move to Al-Ittihad, Real Madrid have been looking for a key replacement at the top.
It is no surprise that City are keen to keep hold of Haaland, especially after he broke several goalscoring records in his first campaign after joining the Premier League team from Borussia Dortmund last season.
The Norwegian’s impressive form in front of goal has continued into the current campaign, with him scoring eight goals in as many Premier League matches this season.
– Borussia Dortmund keen to sign Manchester United winger jadon sancho But according to TeamTalk, they will struggle to afford the 23-year-old if they fail to make the Champions League knockout stages. The Red Devils are hoping to bring in more than £50million and Dortmund may have to wait until the summer or agree a loan deal which could include the option to make the deal permanent. Sancho would be happy to rejoin the Bundesliga club while the Saudi Arabian outfit are also keeping an eye on him.
– Bayern Munich are scouting the 17-year-old asan oedraogo, Schalke 04 midfielder has a release clause of between €15m and €20m, according to report florian platemberYes. The report states that they could sign him on a long-term deal that would include an initial loan back to Schalke. RB Leipzig, Bayer Leverkusen and Brighton & Hove Albion are also keeping an eye on the teenager.
– AC Milan are hoping to bring in a striker and could make a move to Porto mehdi taremi In January, Calciomercato reported. The report states that Lily’s jonathan david With contacts already being made for the summer remains the main objective. It comes as the club look to renew Olivier Giroud’s contract, which is currently set to expire at the end of the season.
– Bayern Munich still aiming to land Chelsea centre-back Trevoh Chalobah During the January transfer window, reports Florian Plettenberg, The report adds that there has been no communication between the Bundesliga champions and the 24-year-old since the summer. Chalobah is keen to join Bayern and there is also consideration of a loan with the option of making the deal permanent, although there have been no concrete talks yet.
– Clubs from Serie A and abroad – particularly in the Bundesliga – are showing interest in the Parma forward Adrian BenedikzakAccording to reports from Calciomercato, Sassuolo have already tried to sign the 22-year-old in the summer. Benedijk has scored six goals in nine Serie B matches so far this term and Parma want to extend his contract, which is currently set to expire in 2025.