- “President Biden remains a healthy, energetic 78-year-old man who is fit for the duties of president, including chief executive, head of state and head of the armed forces,” wrote Dr. Kevin O’Connor, Biden’s personal physician for 13 years.
- O’Connor summarized the Friday study Biden underwent at the Walter Reed Military Hospital in Bethesda, Maryland, in a six-page detailed letter.
- The doctor said that despite overall good health, the president continued to suffer from atrial fibrillation (a frequent disorder of the heart rhythm) and hyperlipidemia, although he assessed that the president’s cholesterol and other lipids levels were low
- The doctor also noted spinal arthritis, which in Biden causes discomfort and stiffness in his gait, as well as mild peripheral neuropathy (sensory disturbance) in his feet
- More such stories can be found on the main page of Onet.pl
O’Connor stressed that a detailed neurological examination did not reveal any central nervous system disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis or stroke in the president. The routine colonoscopy – which was the reason why Vice President Kamala Harris was handed over for 85 minutes – showed no disturbing changes.
The doctor revealed that Biden was taking anticoagulants (apixaban), statins (a cholesterol-lowering drug), as well as anti-allergic agents and a drug to relieve gastric reflux.
The health of Biden – the oldest incumbent president in US history – has been the subject of discussions and attacks from the very beginning by Republicans and former President Donald Trump. Republican congressmen, including former White House chief physician Ronny Jackson, have repeatedly called on Biden to undergo cognitive function tests, suggesting he has dementia.
According to a poll published this week for the Politico portal, 48 percent. Americans believe that the president is not mentally fit enough to perform his function, and only 40 percent. believes that she is in good health.
Biden has had several health problems in the past. In 1988 he underwent surgery for two brain aneurysms. He also had an operation to remove the gallbladder. A recent study published by Biden – in December 2019 – concluded that despite overall good health, he suffers from atrial fibrillation and a disturbed heart rhythm.
We are glad that you are with us. Subscribe to the Onet newsletter to receive the most valuable content from us
Creation date: Today, 04:08