The situation on the border with Belarus has calmed down over the past 24 hours, but the Polish services expect more groups of migrants to be sent. – Two large groups tried to cross the border by force – one had 500 and the other 50 foreigners. The people were aggressive – informs the Border Guard. We report live events on the Polish-Belarusian border.
- On the last day there were two large attempts to cross the border by force – reports the spokesman of the Border Guard, Sec. Anna Michalska
- The first group consisted of about 500 people. Stones and branches were thrown at the Polish services, tear gas was used by someone from the crowd, the officers of the Belarusian services shone with lasers – informs the Border Guard. Four soldiers were injured, some of the migrants were withdrawn in Belarusian trucks, the rest scattered
- In another attempt, a group of around 50 managed to cross the border. The group was turned back
- The camps near Kuźnica were evacuated. The migrants were directed to the logistics center of the Belarusian company Bremino. “A real town is being built around. A shop, food-truck, kebab, hot dog shop, and now also an exchange office have already been established,” writes Stanisław Żaryn, spokesman of the minister for the coordinator of special services.
- Belarus is responding to Poland’s ultimatum, which demanded the removal of migrants from the Kuźnica crossing area by the end of the week. The head of the border services of Belarus informs that “there are no more migrants posing a threat there”
The situation on the Polish-Belarusian border live
During the night, migrants made several attempts to cross them
Polish-Belarusian border – the Minister of National Defense announced on Friday morning in Polsat News
Mariusz Błaszczak. The head of the Ministry of National Defense pointed out that “other methods of operation were adopted” than in Kuźnica, when the Belarusian services brought about 2,000 people to the border crossing. migrants. Now, smaller groups in other places are trying to get to Poland.
The Border Guard announced on Friday morning that yesterday (November 18) attempts were made to cross the border 255 times. “Border Guard officers issued 45 decisions to leave the territory of Poland. Two large groups tried to cross the border by force – one had 500 and the other 50 foreigners. The people were aggressive, ”informed the Border Guard.
What is happening on the Polish-Belarusian border? Journalists still without access
the first plane with migrants who wanted to return from Belarus landed in Iraq. The camps where the refugees lived were mostly deserted. The migrants were directed to the logistics center of the Belarusian company Bremino.
– We expect that the Belarusian authorities will continue to send groups of foreigners to the border with Poland – Stanisław Żaryn, spokesman for the minister coordinator of special services told PAP. He considered the special flight on which the first migrants returned to Iraq to be an optimistic signal.