- Adam Kiciñski, president of CDP SA, gave an extensive interview in which he touched upon, inter alia, the question of further development Cyberpunk 2077 AND The Witcher 3;
- in the first quarter of next year, we can expect a significant update to Cyberpunk (patch 1.5);
- in turn, work on Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in version for a new generation of consoles take longer than CDP RED would like.
The president of CDP SA announced that patch 1.5, the next major game update, will come to Cyberpunk 2077 only in the first quarter of 2022 (then the production is also to go to the next genes). Besides, we learned a bit about the fate of Wiedźmin 3, in which we will play on the new Xboxes and PlayStation only in the second quarter of next year.
Staying on the topic of the next genes ?? Adam Kiciñski in an interview with Rzeczpospolita was asked about the decision to transfer the prime minister Cyberpunk in the version for these devices. As he says, it was not the easiest one:
Decision to postpone the next-gen version Cyberpunk It was difficult, but we are convinced that it is rightall the more so that it was clear from the recommendation of our development team. We need additional time to refine the visual layer and the game’s performance, so that their quality is as high as possible throughout the game.
Optimization is a similar issue The Witcher for XSX | S and PS5 consoles. As Kiciñski says, the work is in progress longerthan the company would like it to do, but the reasons should be sought in the distant release date of the original (one of the best RPGs in history debuted 7 years ago). As you can guess, the technological leap that has taken place during this time is taking its toll.
When ?? Wiesiek ?? will hit the next-genes, we can expect more DLC to the game, which, as we learn from the interview, will be inspired by the series available on Netflix.
There were also questions that will continue to rumble behind CDP RED for many years to come, namely: what lessons did the company learn from last year’s premiere Cyberpunk? As Kiciñski says, it was the most complicated project, which motivated the Reds to work with its imperfections. Therefore, the president of the CDP believes that in the future Cyberpunk 2077 will be seen as a good production.
We will find out if this is the case next year, when the aforementioned patch 1.5 is released. Until then, players have to rely on modders who do not spend much time adding new vehicles to the game.
- Witcher 3: Wild Hunt ?? knowledge compendium
- Witcher 3 Wild Hunt ?? game guide
- Cyberpunk 2077 ?? game guide
- Cyberpunk 2077 Compendium