- – I can only say on this point: if it is more convenient, then close. But you must first consider how they will communicate with Russia, China, and the East in general, said Lukashenko
- – Our policy on this migration crisis is the same as at the beginning. We are not deliberately sending anyone across the border. And we will not do it, added the President of Belarus
- – That is why we must reach Poles, every Pole and show them that we are not barbarians, that we do not want a confrontation. We do not need a confrontation – assured Lukashenko
- More information can be found on the main page of Onet.pl
– You probably hear that there are constant threats from these wild politicians and leaders of Poland: they will close the border, close the railway border crossing. And so on and so on – said Lukashenko on Monday in Minsk, quoted by the state-owned BiełTA agency.
– I can only say on this point: if it is more convenient, then close. But first you have to think about how they will communicate with Russia, China and the East in general. It will pass through Donbass. There are tough people there, said the President of Belarus.
At the same time, he stressed that Belarus did not want a confrontation at the border.
– Our policy on this migration crisis is the same as at the beginning. We are not deliberately sending anyone across the border. And we won’t. People go there. I have already said a thousand times why they are going there – said Lukashenka.
– That is why we must reach Poles, every Pole and show them that we are not barbarians, that we do not want a confrontation. We don’t need a confrontation. Because we know that if we push too hard, we cannot avoid war. And it will be a disaster. We understand it very well. We don’t want any escalation. But we will protect these poor people as much as possible – said Lukashenko.
The rest of the text is below the video
Müller: trade blockade – one of the tools that can be used against Belarus
Government spokesman Piotr Müller, accompanying Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki in meetings with the prime ministers of Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia, when asked by journalists during his visit to Vilnius whether there was already a decision to close the railway crossing in Kuźnica, replied that no.
– We analyze what is happening at the Polish-Belarusian border. Due to the fact that at the moment it seems that these demands, which have been directed towards Belarus, are fulfilled, perhaps such a decision will not have to be made, he admitted on Sunday.
Müller also pointed out that when it comes to “closing border crossings or a kind of trade blockade with Belarus, it is still a tool that is included in the range of political and economic solutions that can be applied to Belarus”.
– Let’s not pretend that the situation on the Polish-Belarusian border has stabilized, because it is impossible to believe the dictator Lukashenka – he pointed out. As he added, we are dealing with an unpredictable man who can lie and manipulate crudely, which – the spokesman assessed – is Lukashenka’s greatest weapon.