Emily Blunt – acting biography
She was born on February 23, 1983 in London. Her father is an attorney, mother – a philologist and teacher. Her first contact with acting was to correct a speech impediment, where she had to imitate various accents and voices. In later years, she took acting lessons.
She made her stage debut in 2001 at the Haymarket Theater in The Royal Family, opposite Judi Dench. The following year, she played Juliet in Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.
In 2003, Blunt made her screen debut in Bill Anderson’s war movie “Boudica”. She then starred in the TV series Henry VIII and Agatha Christie’s crime drama Death on the Nile.
Emily Blunt – career breakthrough
A breakthrough for Blunt came in 2004, when she starred in the film “Summer of Love” directed by Paweł Pawlikowski. She received the Evening Standard British Film Award for Most Promising Debutants for her role, as well as her first BIFA and London Critics Circle Film Award nominations.
The next year was primarily for roles in television films – the series “Empire”, the detective story “The Strange Case of Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle” and the drama “Gideon’s Daughter”. Blunt was awarded a Golden Globe for her role as Natasha in the latter picture.
Emily Blunt – movie star
In 2006, the actress made her Hollywood debut starring in the movie “The Devil Wears Prada,” which launched her international career, winning the London Critics Circle Film Award, a Golden Globe nomination, two BAFTA nominations and two MTV Movie Awards, and brought Blunt movie star status.
The following year, he stars in four films, including Charlie Winston’s War, opposite Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Amy Adams and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
The year 2008 includes the role of the queen in the historical film “Young Victoria”, for which she was nominated for a BIFA and a Satellite Award, and for a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Drama Film.
In 2010, she starred in the blockbuster “The Werewolf” opposite Benicia del Toro, Anthony Hopkins and Hugo Weaving.
The following years saw roles in such films as: “Gulliver’s Travels”, “The Muppets”, “Lords of Minds”, “Even Longer Engagements”, “Forest Secrets”, “On the Edge of Tomorrow”, “Sicario”, “The Girl on the Train”, Mary Poppins Returns, A Quiet Place.
Emily Blunt – the most important roles
- “Bloody Tyrant – Henry VIII” (2003): in the role of Catherine Howard
- “Summer of Love” (2004): in the role of Tamsin
- “The Devil Wears Prada” (2006): in the role of Emily Charlton
- Charlie Wilson’s War (2007): in the role of Jane Liddle
- “Young Victoria” (2009): as Queen Victoria
- “Werewolf” (2010): in the role of Gwen Conliffe
- Edge of Tomorrow (2014): in the role of Rita
- Sicario (2015): in the role of Kate Macer
- “The Girl on the Train” (2016): in the role of Rachel
- “A Quiet Place” (2018): in the role of Evelyn Abbott
Emily Blunt – private life
In 2005-2008 she was in a relationship with Canadian singer Michael Bublé. They shared a house in Vancouver together.
In November 2008, Blunt began dating actor and director John Krasinski. A year later, the couple got engaged and got married in 2010 in Como, Italy. Their first daughter Hazel was born in 2014. Two years later, the second, Violet.
Emily Blunt – interesting facts
- In 2015, she was granted US citizenship. Since then, he has had dual citizenship. As she admitted in interviews, she feels torn between Great Britain and the USA.
- In 2015, she was ranked 98th on the list of the 100 sexiest women of the British monthly for men “FHM”.
- She appeared in commercials for Max Mara cosmetics, Yves Saint Laurent perfumes, IWC Schaffhausen watches.
- She was a candidate for the role of Maid Marian in the movie “Robin Hood”, but got it by Cate Blanchett.
- She applied for the role of Madeline in the movie “The Infiltration”, which was received by Vera Farmiga.
- She tried for the role of Lilly in the movie “Black Swan”, but got Mila Kunis.
- She was considered for the role of Ariadne in the movie “Inception”. Ellen Page played it.
- She ran for the role of Sarah Connor in the movie “Terminator: Genisys 3D”. The engagement went to Emilia Clarke.