Laurienté and Frattesi respond to Ceccherini’s advantage. Canceled a goal for offside to the yellow and blue
The ‘Monday night’ of the eleventh day of A league ends with the victory of Sassuolo on Hellas Verona. At the Mapei Stadium the neroverdi di Dionysus they win a 2-1 comeback on the formation of Bocchetti: opens the scoring for the Gialloblù Snipers at 2 ‘, draw at 32’ Laurienté and signs the winning goal in the 72nd minute Frattesi. Emiliani who rise to ninth place in the standings and overtake Turin, the Verona team remains in trouble.
The eleventh day of Serie A saw Sassuolo and Verona take the field for the last round, ending with a 2-1 that makes the Emilians rejoice. Vibrant and intense match at Mapei, with Bocchetti’s team taking the lead in the second minute with Ceccherini. The neroverdi start uphill, undergoing the initiatives of the guests. Slowly Sassuolo comes out and finds a draw in the 32nd minute with the usual sparkling Laurienté. At 40 ‘Verona sees a goal canceled. Veloso originally put the ball on the net, but was canceled due to the yellow-blue striker’s offside position.
Upon returning to the field, Sassuolo pushes and a double chance arrives: Frattesi enters the penalty area, kicks with his right foot but Faraoni rejects almost on the line. On the next cross it is once again the black-green midfielder who becomes dangerous, but is anticipated by the Hellas defense. Here comes the comeback in the 74th minute: Traoré sows panic inside the penalty area and serves the tow on the near post of the neroverde midfielder. With the right Frattesi slips Montipò: 2-1 for the neroverdi. In the final Verona, which touches the draw, Sulemana leaves the limit for Lasagna who moves the ball to the left-handed and kicks power: great rejection with open hands by Consiglio. At the triple whistle at the Mapei Stadium, Sassuolo exults, rising to 15 points, Verona remaining in the relegation zone to 5.
Frattesi 7 – The winning goal is his, a point of reference that puts the opposing defense in apprehension.
Laurienté 6.5 – signs the draw with a splendid personal action, his good performance
Snipers 6.5 – He comes back after the disqualification and plays a generous test. He’s the goal of the momentary Gialloblù advantage
SASSUOLO – VERONA 2-1
Sassuolo (4-3-3): Tips 6,5, Toljan 6, Erlic 6, Ayhan 6 ;, Kyriakopoulos 6,5, Frattesi 7, Obiang 6 (62’Lopez 6), Thorstvedt 6, D’Andrea 6 (62’Traoré 6,5), Pinamonti 6 , Lauriente 6.5 (71 ‘Ceide 6). Available: Pegolo, Russo, Marchizza, Rogerio, M. Henrique, Harroui, Alvarez ,, Antiste, Tressoldi. Annex.: Dionisi
Verona (3-4-1-2): Montipò 6, Ceccherini 6.5 (66 ‘Magnani 6), Hien 5.5, Gunter 5.5, Faraoni 6.5, Veloso 6 (65’ Sulemana 6), Tameze 5.5, Depaoli 5.5, Verdi 6 (84 ‘Djuric sv), Piccoli 6 (30’ Kallon 6), Henry 6 (65 ‘Lasagna 6). Available: Church, Berardi, Perilli, Hongla, Terracciano, Dawidowicz, Praszelik, Cabal. Annex.: Bocchetti
Markers: 2 ‘Ceccherini (V), 32’ Laurienté (S), 72 ‘Frattesi (S)
Ammonites: Erlic (S), Pharaohs (V), Djuric (V), Ceccherini (V)
• Verona have lost six straight games for the third time in their history in Serie A: in 2018 and in 1979 the others.
• Armand Laurienté has seen four goals in this league (two goals, two assists), always at home; among the players involved in home goals only, only Brahim Diaz has more active participations (five).
• Armand Laurienté and Davide Frattesi are the Sassuolo players who have scored the most goals in this league (four).
• Davide Frattesi has scored four goals in Serie A this season, already equaling his score from last season.
• Sassuolo conceded goals after 1 minute and 29 seconds and have not conceded a goal so quickly in Serie A since 20 December 2020 against Milan.
• Verona scored after 1 minute and 29 seconds and have not scored so quickly in Serie A since 13 February 2022 against Udinese.
• Three of Federico Ceccherini’s four Serie A goals have come in away games.
• Verona are the team that has hit the most woods in this league (eight).
• Today was Kaan Ayhan’s 50th appearance for Sassuolo in Serie A.