- Armi Hammer’s career developed great after the film “Tamte dni, tamte noce”, until his secret and disturbing fantasies hit the web.
- It has been known for a long time how Marlon Brando treated his partner on the set of “The Last Tango in Paris”. The actor, however, never apologized to her
- Christian Slater, struggling with severe addictions in his adolescent years, says that “acting is a hobby, being sober is a job”
- Hailed as the greatest R&B stars Chris Brown and R. Kelly were brought to trial. One of them is facing several dozen years in prison
- You can find more such stories on the Onet homepage
These charming, handsome and wealthy men have enjoyed or enjoyed popularity for many years, some have become legends of cinema, remembered with admiration after their death, despite the fact that they did outrageous, terrible or even crimes in their lives.
Not every sexual predator looks like Harvey Weinstein. A handsome face can help you get what you want or get support from the public, as was the case with Chris Brown.
Some of these dark secrets saw the light of day thanks to the #MeToo movement, as more women dared to talk about what had happened to them. Some were open secrets in show business, others were hidden for many years, and these charming men were never punished. Some of them – Christian Slater, Robert Downey Jr. – they managed to leave their former lives, but it took them many years and a lot of work. The problems of others are just beginning.
Here are the handsome, charming and accused whose dark sides saw the light of day:
Bettmann / Getty Images
In 1935, Clark Gable starred in the movie “Call of the Wild” with the young actress Loretta Young. Rumors soon began to spread about the two’s romance, although Gable was married at the time and was 12 years older than Young. The actress became pregnant and gave birth to a daughter who was very similar to Gable. When Loretta Young was 85, she confided to her daughter-in-law that Clark Gable had raped her and that she did not want to have an abortion because she was very religious. She hadn’t commented on the case for years because she didn’t know that date rape was a crime until she watched Larry King’s show on the subject.
Moviepix / Getty Images
The name of Kirk Douglas in an extremely dark way is associated with the figure of Natalie Wood, who died tragically. At the peak of his popularity, Douglas was said to have raped 16-year-old Wood in the 1950s. The actress did not report the case to the police, discouraged by her mother, who was afraid that the influential actor could ruin her daughter’s career. Natalie Wood, who died tragically in 1981, was to confide the trauma only to her closest friends. Suzanne Finstad wrote about the case in her 2001 biography of Natalie Wood, but did not name Douglas.