Representatives of The NPD Group shared analytics on the achievements of the gaming market in the United States in June, where Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart became the best-selling game.
In June, users spent 5% more in the gaming segment than in the month before – $ 4.94 billion. Sales of consoles and hardware more than doubled to 112% and $ 401 million.
The Xbox Series was the top-selling dollar for the first time, but it failed to push Nintendo Switch out of the top spot in terms of the number of copies sold. However, in terms of sales, the Xbox broke its 2011 record. At the same time, the PS5 is still the fastest-selling console in the United States. By the way, the main popular accessory of the month is the DualSense controller.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart has the best dollar sales for the franchise. Her performance more than doubled the 2016 Ratchet and Clank record. Another newcomer to the top seller was Mario Golf: Super Rush, starting in third place. Scarlet Nexus ended up in fifth.
In addition, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 returned to the top 20 games, moving from 51st place immediately to 17th – this happened after the release of the Switch version. And Sea of Thieves moved up from 36th place to 20th.
June Games Chart (May Place)
- Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart (new)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops: Cold War (4)
- Mario Golf: Super Rush (new)
- MLB: The Show 21 (3)
- Scarlet Nexus (new)
- Resident Evil: Village (1)
- Mario Kart 8 (7)
- Minecraft (10)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (12)
- Mortal Kombat 11 (6)
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons * (9)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) (11)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate * (14)
- Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla (17)
- Super Mario 3D World * (13)
- Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (2)
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 (51)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild * (19)
- Pokemon: Sword / Shield * (20)
- Sea of Thieves (36).