Kamil Stoch did a terrible job during the Four Hills Tournament and ended his participation in the event prematurely to take a break from jumping for a few days. Kamil returned to the hill on Monday, and on Wednesday he suffered an injury, which thwarted his chances of playing in Zakopane.
Stoch’s place will be taken by Jan Habdas, who made his debut in the World Cup this season. The 18-year-old player will once again have a chance to fight for the cup points. At Wielka Krokiew, Poles should get a lot of them.
Apart from Habdas, 11 White-Reds were entered for Friday’s qualifications. They are: Piotr Żyła, Dawid Kubacki, Paweł Wąsek, Jakub Wolny, Andrzej Stękała, Aleksander Zniszczoł, Maciej Kot, Tomasz Pilch, Klemens Murańka, Kacper Juroszek and Stefan Hula.
On Saturday we will have a team competition and an individual competition on Sunday.
Jumping in Zakopane 2022: schedule
- Friday, January 14, 2022, 3:30 p.m. – official training (2 series)
- Friday, January 14, 2022, 6:00 p.m. – qualifications.
- Saturday, January 15, 2022, 3:00 p.m. – trial series.
- Saturday, January 15, 2022, 4:00 p.m. – team competition.
- Sunday, January 16, 2022, 3:00 p.m. – trial series
- Sunday, January 16, 2022, 4:00 p.m. – individual competition.