The Critics Choice Super Awards were assigned overnight, and saw the triumph of the most recent cinecomic of the Marvel Cinematic Universe co-produced with Sony Pictures, Spider-Man: No Way Home.
Jon Watts’ film took home three major wins, the one for the best superhero film of the year – overcoming opponents Black Widow, Shang-Chi and the legend of the ten rings, Eternals and obviously Justice League by Zack Snyder e The Suicide Squad by James Gunn – but also that for the Best Actor in a Superhero Movie to Andrew Garfield – returned as ‘Amazing Spider-Man’ – and finally that for the best villain to Willem Dafoe’s Green Goblin. Overall, the MCU film was the most awarded film in this edition of the competition.
He closely follows James Bond with two wins given that in other categories 007 No Time To Die picked up the award for best action, with Daniel Craig voted best actor. We leave you with the list of all the winners of the evening:
- BEST ACTION MOVIE – No Time to Die
- BEST ACTOR IN AN ACTION MOVIE – Daniel Craig, No Time to Die
- BEST ACTRESS IN AN ACTION MOVIE – Jodie Comer, The Last Duel
- BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE – Spider-Man: No Way Home
- BEST ACTOR IN A SUPERHERO MOVIE – Andrew Garfield, Spider-Man: No Way Home
- BEST ACTRESS IN A SUPERHERO MOVIE – Florence Pugh, Black Widow
- BEST HORROR MOVIE – A Quiet Place Part II
- BEST ACTOR IN A HORROR MOVIE – Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Candyman
- BEST ACTRESS IN A HORROR MOVIE – Agathe Rousselle, Titane
- BEST SCIENCE FICTION/FANTASY MOVIE – Dune
- BEST ACTOR IN A SCIENCE FICTION/FANTASY MOVIE – Dev Patel, The Green Knight
- BEST ACTRESS IN A SCIENCE FICTION/FANTASY MOVIE – Rebecca Ferguson, Dune
- BEST VILLAIN IN A MOVIE – Willem Dafoe, Spider-Man: No Way Home
Recall that fans will find Spiderman No Way Home at the 2022 Oscars, where the MCU film was nominated for Best Special Effects and is in the running for the new honorary Oscar as voted by the public.