The Border Guard informs that a group of 100 people attempted to cross the border by force last night. “Stones were thrown into the Polish services. The attack was carried out under the supervision of the Belarusian services” – reports the Border Guard. In Paris, it held a meeting today with Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki French President Emmanuel Macron. The talks focused on the current situation on the Polish-Belarusian border. The latest information on the situation on the border live on RadioZET.pl.
- In sections protected by the Border Guard posts in Dubicze Cerkiewne and in Mielnik, three groups of aggressive foreigners were pushing the border – informs the Border Guard on Wednesday
- A soldier was wounded near Mielnik. The spokeswoman of the Border Guard, Sec. Anna Michalska reports that migrants threw stones, pieces of wood and roaring firecrackers. Some managed to get to Poland, but have already been turned back
- Prime Minister Morawiecki met in Paris with the President of France, Emmanuel Macron. The subject of the talks was the situation at the border
- Deputy head of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Paweł Jabłoński criticized the decision of the European Parliament to refuse Morawiecki’s participation in the debate on the situation at the border. – Politicians sitting in the EP far from this threat do not want to hear what the reality is – he stressed
- 54 percent Poles have a positive opinion of the government’s actions on the eastern border. The same percentage of respondents assesses the idea of building a wall on the border positively – according to the Kantar poll for “Gazeta Wyborcza”
The situation on the Polish-Belarusian border live
the Polish-Belarusian border the situation is still tense. In the last 24 hours there were 267 attempts to illegally cross the border from Belarus to Poland, the Border Guard informed on Wednesday. 44 foreigners were issued decisions to leave the territory of our country – added the Border Guard.
The deputy head of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Paul Jablonski Polish Radio 24 stressed that the situation on the border has not been solved and still can not make assumptions – probably as part of European politicians would want – that the decision to extend the sanctions will resolve the matter itself.
He added that the Polish government’s diplomatic offensive was underway in connection with the situation on the Polish-Belarusian border. He pointed out that these diplomatic activities have been carried out on very different channels since this summer. As he stressed, the entire government and the President of the Republic of Poland are involved in this offensive.
He criticized the decision of the EP to refuse the participation of the prime minister
Mateusz Morawiecki in the debate on the border situation. – I am very surprised by this decision of the EP. I believe that it simply shows a lack of understanding of reality. Politicians sitting in the EP far from this threat do not want to hear what the reality is. They do not want to get to know it first-hand from the head of the government of a state that is a front-line state. It simply proves it about themselves – said Jabłoński.