Marvel Studios has announced that Thor: Love and Thunder will hit Digital on September 8 before its release on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on September 27. With the news comes a full roster of special features and deleted scenes, and in some cases, there will be some disappointment for many fans. Like Christian Bale confirmed he worked with Jeff Goldblum (The Grandmaster) e Peter Dinklage (Eitri) on scenes that weren’t included in the final cut, and while fans hoped to find them on the blu-ray, it seems the director’s wishes Taika Waititi (which he said he hoped would never be published) were granted, as there’s nothing here to suggest we’ll see Gorr the God Butcher interacting with those characters.
On the plus side it’s worth noting that we’ll be seeing a lot more of Zeus and additional scenes with the Guardians of the Galaxy. While we would have liked to see more Gorr, who knows him in some future re-release. Special features are by now what you’ve come to expect from these Blu-ray releases, although an audio commentary from Waititi will let us in on some amusing story of how filming went on the set of Thor: Love and Thunder. Check out a full list of what to expect in the US homevideo edition below:
- Gag Reels – Check out some of the fun on-set outtakes with the cast and crew of Thor: Love and Thunder
- Audio commentary – Watch the film with audio commentary by director/writer Taika Waititi.
- Hammer Worthy: Thor and The Mighty Thor – It traces the journeys of Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman to become Thor and The Mighty Thor respectively. Watch as the co-stars talk about the preparation behind embodying their legendary roles and describe how they combine their unstoppable forces.
- Shaping a Villain – This featurette introduces the main antagonist of Love and Thunder, Gorr the God Butcher. Shedding light on the man who brings the character to life, this piece highlights his recruitment and the process of him. Then the other members of the cast and crew reveal personal anecdotes.
- Another classic Taika adventure – This piece traces the journey of Taika Waititi conquering the franchise of Thor and reinventing the God of Thunder. Revisit the moment Taika was announced as Thor’s new guardian and follow Taika through the making of Thor: Love and Thunder .
- Searching for Zeus – Thor, Valkyrie and Korg come across some characters while looking for an audience with Zeus.
- Waste time – Star-Lord and Mantis convince Thor to help their cause.
- A safe holiday – A debonair Thor chats to a panicked Star-Lord and Mantis in the midst of the chaos. An explosion drives Korg to the scene.
- Fighting For You – Zeus gives Thor a special tool after overhearing a candid conversation.
Thor: Love and Thunder is the fourth chapter on the adventures of the God of Thunder in the MCU, but to wield the Mjolnir this time will be Jane Foster, played again by Natalie Portman, as confirmed during Marvel Studios’ panel at Comic-Con on Saturday. The film was released on July 6, 2022.
The film follows Thor (Chris Hemsworth) on a journey different from those faced up to now, in search of inner peace. But his rest is interrupted by a galactic killer known as Gorr the Godslaughter (Christian Bale), who seeks the extinction of the gods. To fight the threat, Thor enlists the help of the Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson), korg (Taika Waititi) and ex-girlfriend Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) who, to Thor’s amazement, inexplicably wields his magical hammer, Mjolnir, like Mighty Thor. Together, they embark on a shocking cosmic adventure to uncover the mystery of the vengeance of Gorr the slaughterer of gods and stop him before it’s too late.
Taika Waititi will return to direct Thor: Love and Thundera Marvel Studios film after Thor: Ragnarok as well as Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson will reprise their respective roles of Thor and Valkyrie after their last appearance in Avengers: Endgame. Also in the cast Christian Bale as the villain Gorr the Godslaughter, and Russell Crowe in those of Zeus. The inspiration for the project comes from the comic “The Mighty Thor”, described by Waititi as “the perfect combination of emotion, love, thunder and captivating stories with the first female Thor in the universe“.