– Advertising –
TV series news May 10, 2022: Prime Video closes Jack Ryan with the fourth season, is a spinoff coming?
News TV series 10 May – Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan will end with the fourth season coming soon to Prime Video (we consider that they are filming now and that the third is yet to be released). But Amazon doesn’t want to give up the Tom Clancy universe. It seems that together with Paramount Tv and Skydance Tv they are working on a spinoff of the series.
The new TV series, second deadline, would have at the center another character who is part of the universe of Jack Ryan, Ding Chavez played by Michael Peña. The closure would be linked to the fact that John Krasinski producer and interpreter of Jack Ryan, had signed for 4 seasons. The character of Peña will be introduced in the final episodes of the third season and then become fixed in the fourth, from which the spinoff will then start. Ding Chavez is a CIA agent, ex-military and has appeared in 22 novels of the Jack Ryan universe.
All the news from the TV series (ever)
Jake McDorman in Peacock’s Mrs. Davis
Jake McDorman (Dopesick) was cast as the co-star of Mrs. Davis Peacock series with Betty Gilpin, created by Tara Hernandez and Damon Lindelof and produced by Warner Bros. The series is described as an analysis of the feud between faith and technology, an epic level battle tracks. Gilpin is a nun who collides with an artificial intelligence; McDorman is the nun’s ex who wants to take revenge on the algorithm. And he who knows if Peacock will distribute it in the world or if he will sell it as done with Queer as Folk.
Other news TV series of 10 May
- The spinoff of The Boys of Prime Video, after letting go of several cast members, finds replacements. London Thor will take the starring role that was Reina Hardesty, with Derek Luh, Asa German and Shelley Con joining the cast, alongside Jaz Sinclair, Lizze Broadway and Maddie Phillips. Created by Michele Fazekas and Tara Butter, the series will tell the college life of future superheroes, in the style of The Boys.
- Lior Raz and Jason Isaacs join the cast of The Crowded Room the Tom Holland series of Apple Tv +, created by Akiva Goldman and produced by New Regency. Also in the cast are Amanda Seyfried, Emmy Rossum, Sasha Lane, Christopher Abbot and Emma Laird. The series is an anthology with each season a different story to tell the stories of people who have mental illness but manage to live a normal life.
- Jeo Berlinger is working with Wheelhouse Entertainment in Dead and Gone a series about the murder of Grateful Dead fans already told in a podcast. In 1986 two girls aged 22 and 18 fans of the Grateful Dead were found dead in San Francisco. An African American man Ralph International Thomas was arrested and sentenced to death and died in prison in 2014 despite numerous appeals. The series will resume what was told in the podcast with new suspects on the case.
- HBO Max ordered Anon Pls a drama based on the novel by DeuxMoi, a gossip Instagram account, produced by Berlanti and Warner Bros. In the book Cricket Lopez, assistant to a stylist, decides to transform his Instagram profile from personal to dedicated to gossip, telling how this changes them the life.
- HBO, which just announced the return of Westworld, is working on Sula a miniseries based on the novel by Toni Morrison. Written by Shannon M. Houston, Sula tells the life of two black heroines who grew up in Ohio in a neighborhood called The Bottom and who went their separate ways growing up. In she got married and is a pillar of the community; Sula left the neighborhood she moved to the city becoming a sexually and intellectually free woman.
- The book Don’t Leave Me – Never Let me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, which has already become a film starring Carey Mulligan, Keira Knightley and Andrew Garfield, will be transformed by FX into a TV series. Kathy, Ruth and Tommy are students of an exclusive boarding school in the English countryside, full of mysterious rules and teachers who only remind them how special they are. Years later Kathy reunites with Ruth and Tommy and for the first time they reflect on those years.
– Advertising –