Microsoft has just published a new one build Windows 11 version 22509. It includes changes to the Desktop and the Taskbar.
Windows 11 22509 – news
Microsoft has been working on a collection of web browsing enhancements with Microsoft Edge and Narrator. Typing into edit boxes in particular should now be faster.
See also: Here is the most popular movie on Netflix – I don’t understand its phenomenon.
In addition, typing into edit fields such as the address bar has been made easier, as Narrator’s scan mode will now exit faster. In particular, if you press Ctrl + L to go to the address bar, you should be able to start typing immediately as Scan Mode will be turned off sooner. This tweak will also help when filling in form fields, such as typing your name and address into various edit fields. In addition to facilitating typing in edit fields, deletion in edit fields has also been simplified. Narrator will now read the character where the cursor is located after deleting the character.
You’ll also get more contextual information as you navigate the web. For example, the required radio buttons and edit fields will now be read as required, and more information about lists, including list levels and exact list indexes, will now be read.
In addition to reading more information, you’ll have more consistent navigation with Narrator. This includes improvements to headline navigation, a more consistent navigation experience in Scan Mode where Scan Mode is less likely to loop between items, and a more consistent hyperlink reading experience when navigating forwards and backwards.
Other news and changes:
- Starting with this build, you can right-click Start, for quick access to Start Settings and select the “More Pins” or “More Recommendations” layout option to display an additional row of pins or recommendations, respectively.
- When an additional monitor is connected, the clock and date will now also be displayed on the taskbars of the second monitor or monitors for good visibility.
- For apps sending call, reminder or alarm notifications that use Windows notifications, 3 high priority notifications will now be shown arranged and shown at the same time. This means you can see up to 4 notifications simultaneously at any time – 3 high priority and one normal priority notification.
- As part of our ongoing effort to migrate settings from the Control Panel to the Settings app:
- Moved advanced sharing settings (such as network discovery, file and printer sharing, and public folder sharing) to a new page in the Settings app under Advanced network settings.
- Some updates have been made to the device-specific pages under Printers & Scanners in Settings to view more information about the printer or scanner directly in Settings, if available.
- Certain network and device settings entry points in Control Panel will now redirect to the appropriate pages in Settings.
- A new option has been added to the Installed Applications page in Settings to sort the list by Name (Z to A) and the previous “Alphabetical” option has been updated accordingly so that it is now named “Name” (A to Z).
- The system will now remember whether you turn on Bluetooth or Wi-Fi in airplane mode. The next time you use airplane mode, the radios will reflect your preferences and stay on to help you continue listening through headphones and staying connected while on the go.
- Windows Sandbox now supports restarting in its virtualized environment (for example when clicking Restart under the power button in the Start menu).
Minor fixes and changes
In Windows 11 22509, Microsoft also does not forget about minor corrections and changes. Here they are:
- The Start, Search, Task View, Widgets, and Chat icons on the taskbar should no longer be unexpectedly large when the system scaling is set to 125%.
- Pressing the Windows plus key (the number that corresponds to the position of the application icon on the taskbar) should now pass through the application windows if you repeatedly press the number instead of stopping at the last window.
- When Narrator’s focus is on the Task View button and the Desktops flyout menu appears, Narrator now communicates information about the desktops.
- Fixed an explorer.exe crash experienced by some Insiders on recent releases due to the update of the systray badges.
- Handwriting should work again when the language is set to Chinese.
- Addressed issue with the mouse where some Insiders experienced error checking during hibernation.
- Updated candidates for Chinese simplified IME.
- Fixed calling the touch keyboard in PowerShell.
- Moving the mouse back and forth between different desktops in task view will no longer cause the displayed thumbnails and content area to decrease unexpectedly.
- CompactOverlay should work again in this build (which is an option some applications use to create the little window always on top).
- Fixed a situation that sometimes caused explorer.exe to crash when closing snap groups of 3 or more windows in task view.
- Unexpected tilting animation after clicking the corner of the new desktop button has been removed.
- A fix was made to fix a fundamental issue where the context menu animated down to the mouse instead of moving away from the mouse when right-clicking on the desktop in task view.
- Fixed DWM crash.
- Fixed text overlapping for some languages on the Installed Apps page in Settings.
- Clicking the Uninstall button while using the Installed Applications page in the grid view will now display a confirmation dialog.
- Changed the new ms-settings: installed-apps URI to ms-settings: appsfeatures to include scenarios where existing links expect the latter to lead to a list of installed applications, such as when selecting Application Settings after right-clicking UWP application in Start.
- Fixed an issue where some Insiders would see error 0x8007001f when trying to upgrade to the latest Dev Channel builds.
- Fixed an issue where some computers could not install new builds or other updates with error code 0x80070002.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some devices being rolled back with error code 0xc1900101-0x4001c when installing new builds.
- Work has been done to resolve the issue leading to loss of Wi-Fi connection after resuming from sleep.
Follow ANDROID.COM.PL on Google News and always be up to date!
report an error
PhD in economics in the field of finance, lecturer, GPW geek, strategy games, smartphones and new technologies. A lover of railways and electronic music.
Go to the home page