We finally got a summary of the market situation in Great Britain in December 2021. It was revealed, among others sales of consoles during this period.
In December 2021, 560,000 consoles were sold on the British market. Again, the best selling hardware in this category was the Nintendo Switch (it’s also the best selling console of all 2021). Microsoft was in second place, selling 108% more Xbox Series X | S in December than in November. According to GfK data, it was December the best month in the history of XSX / XSS so far (sales turned out to be even stronger than at the time of the console’s release in November 2020). It was primarily reflected in this result increasing supply of British stores on the Xbox Series X. Summa summarum in the UK Over 1 million Xbox Series X | S consoles have already sold.
PlayStation 5 was the third best-selling console in December 2021 on the British market. GfK says that Sony’s interest in the console has increased by 28% compared to November. December was the second strongest month of sales since the premiere of this equipment.
Significant increases (77% compared to November) were also recorded in the segment of gaming accessories. The most popular product in this category were DualSense controllers for PS5. In December, around 2.1 million game accessories were sold in the UK.
When it comes to games, FIFA 22 turned out to be the winner of December. In the whole month, about 3.8 million copies of games in physical editions were sold in Great Britain, which means a decrease of 12% year on year. A further 3 million games were sold to players living in the UK in digital form (down 13% year on year).
December game sales, UK (physical and digital copies):
- FIFA 22 (EA)
- Call of Duty: Vanguard (Activision Blizzard)
- Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
- F1 2021 (Codemasters)
- Just Dance 2022 (Ubisoft)
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Sony)
- Battlefield 2042 (EA)
- Mario Kart 8: Deluxe (Nintendo)
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond (Nintendo)
- Far Cry 6 (Ubisoft)
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (Square Enix)
- Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Mojang / Nintendo)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
- Riders Republic (Ubisoft)
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo)
- Pokémon Shining Pearl (Nintendo)
- Mortal Kombat 11 (Warner Bros)
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Ubisoft)
- LEGO Harry Potter Collection (Warner Bros.)
- Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy Definitive Edition (Rockstar)